7. If You'll Give Me A Chance

Orchid: "Hi, everyone! I can't express how exciting it is to sit with you all! I understand how accomplished you all are! I'm starstruck!"

RIVAL smiles as Roman holds out his hand.

Roman: "Well, you are quite the kind Rageon we love interacting with. I should introduce myself. I'm Roman, this is Dixie, and that's Cade."

Dixie: "You are from Sam and Me, aren't you?"

Orchid: "Oh, yeah, I was given the opportunity to join in the last two seasons."

Cade: "It's one of Dixie and I's favorite shows. Very funny."

Orchid: "I enjoyed lots of the silly stunts they had me do. I think I'm good at being goofy."

Oh. Great. Great job, Orchid. Just go out there to some of the most famous rock Rageons ever and just blabber.

Ven: "I love being goofy. It's so fun to be silly, and you do a wonderful job."

Orchid: "Thank you all, really."

I feel a blush come on as drinks arrive for RIVAL.

Roman: "Orchid? Can we get you anything?"

Orchid: "I'm alright for now. Ritz had ordered me a few drinks tonight."

Dixie: "Ritz?"

My face drops as I see the group look at me curiously. Ven doesn't seem to recognize his name yet.

Orchid: "O-OH yes... uh... my friend had... ordered me shots before this. I feel I should pace myself."

Dixie: "Smart."

The group nods as I recover. I sip my drink from Ven nervously, worried to mention Kid Ritz's name in full.

Cade: "So, your movie has finished filming?"

Orchid: "Yes. We have been done for about a month now. We're in post-production editing, that sort of thing. We'll film the trailers next week. It is the sort of thing where we answer already scripted questions. Then, we will be ready to start promoting and doing the press tour in, I'd say, about four months."

Roman: "That's very fun. I'm sure you're excited?"

Orchid: "I am. Though, I am very interested in hearing about your work as performers. You, Veneer, are incredible with pop, and RIVAL is one of our time's best if not most, influential rock bands."

The group smiles and begins talking about their line of work when I spy Kid Ritz looking for me. He walks around with Velvet and then meets my eyes. I look at him, watching as his eyes widen in surprise. He looks next to me at Ven and then back at me. Velvet watches him and then pulls him away.

I stare after him as I feel Ven put his hand on my knee.

Ven: "Isn't that fun?"

I nod, even though I don't hear whatever is making the group laugh so much.

Roman: "So, Orchid. Veneer is great friends with our group, we know all about him."

Veneer pretends to be mad with a huff as Dixie laughs.

Roman: "I'm interested in learning more about you."

Orchid: "Oh, well, what would you like to know?"

Cade: "Did you come here with anyone tonight?"

Orchid: "I... I did."

Dixie: "Your boyfriend?"

Orchid: "No, my... best friend. He gave me the necklace and earrings I'm wearing, as it's my birthday today, and he took me out to celebrate. He's beyond kind and generous and is my best friend in the whole world."