Chapter 18: Meteoroid

Hana's POV🌷

Every hour I spend with Jin is more precious than the next, and though I've met his members here and there around work, this evening is the first time we will be spending time together as a group outside of work -minus Yoongi, who is stuck back at BH with prior obligations. Unfortunately, the circumstances of our get-together aren't ideal. We're headed up north to spend some time with Lily. She's been so sad, stuck in isolation, hiding from the press, and having lost her job, and now that we've discovered she will soon be deported.

I feel especially devastated since she has feels more like sister than friend. Lily knows Hobi is coming to visit but has no idea the rest of us aren't far behind as we quietly file into the small cottage. As we enter with hands full of food and alcohol, Lily bursts with joy.

"Oh...Oh...my God!" she squeals, and Hobi breaks into his glorious laugh while clapping his hands.

"Surprise!" He yells as Lily practically tackles him with a hug.

"Lily, you look so pretty! Your ass looks good in those jeans!" He laughs and smacks her backside which surprises me and yet somehow doesn't at all.

"Awe, Hobi! Thank you!" she laughs.

After running around and giving everyone hugs, Lily convenes with her friend Jae and me in the kitchen for a little while as we pour some wine.

"Ladies, I'm so happy to see you both! I've missed you so much!" Lily declares.

I take a long sip of Pinot Grigio, taking a moment to bask in the fruity notes as they dance across my tastebuds. My two companions do the same.

Jae lowers her voice and leans toward Lily and me. "So you and Yoongi? How is that going?" She whispers to Lily and we watch as her face becomes flush.

"I have no idea who you are talking about; I've never met a 'Yoongi" in my life!" Lily winks.

"Ooh, she's signed an NDA! Welcome to the club!" Jae chuckles.

"Technically, I don't think the three of us are even really allowed in a room together with these men!" Lily laughs before glancing at me. "Especially in front of 'Miss Human Resources' over here!" She playfully nudges me with her elbow.

"I'll never tell!" I laugh while innocently raising my palms in the air. I look around, pretending to check if the coast is clear, and whisper, "I'm in the NDA club as well!"

We break out in raucous laughter, and some of the guys give us side-eye glances from the living room with amusement.

"Well, since I've known Lily since she was nine years old, I can tell you that the way she just blushed when I mentioned Yoongi's name means things are going really well!"

"Haha! Stop!" Lily cries, but a broad smile sweeps across her face.

"Oh, she's totally in love with him. Jin and I could tell from your second week at the company!" I join in the teasing.

"Hana! Et tu, Brute?" Lily declares dramatically.

"It's okay; we knew he was into you too. The man moped around with his eyes glued to you and was completely jealous whenever anybody else talked to you," I share.

"What? No! I would have noticed if he was being like that!" Lily exclaims, and Jae shushes her as we all begin to giggle again.

"Hmm, what kind of trouble is happening over here?" Jungkook asks as he pours himself a glass of whiskey and leans in, placing a peck on Jae's cheek. They make a nice-looking pair, and it feels good to have this night together where we can all hang out because otherwise, we have to spend our time hiding and being cautious.