Volume 1 episode 7: A bully and a talk of the past.

A few weeks have passed, and things have been going quite well. At least for most people. In combat class with Professor Goodwitch. We see Jaune in the middle of a match with Cardin, and from the looks of it It's not going well. Jaune is using his sword to keep himself from collapsing, and Cardin is smirking at his exhaustion. Jaune charged at Cardin and swung his sword at him as Cardin deflected it with his mace and knocked Jaune's shield away and knocked him to the ground. Jaune gets back to his feet and charges for Cardin once again as he swung down, and both fighters were in a sword lock.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead body -

Jaune let his guard down, allowing Cardin to knee him in the gut and collapsing to the ground. Cardin raised his mace to strike him only to be stopped by the buzzer and Professor Goodwitch.

Glynda: Cardin! That's enough!

She walks to the center of the stage and speaks to the rest of the class.

Glynda: Students, as you can see Mr.Arcs aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duels, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match.

Jaune remains seated on the ground as he looks at his scroll, showing his aura status. Pyrrha looked rather concerned for her leader.

Glynda: Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more...defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself.

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

Yang, Weiss, Ruby and (Y/N) are showing their excitement for the upcoming tournament while Pyrrha continues to frown sadly at Jaune.

Glynda: We have enough time for one more match. Would any of you like to volunteer?

Yang raised her hand without wasting any time excited to compete in a match.

Yang: I would like to volunteer, Professor.

Glynda: Very well, Ms.Xiao Long. Who would you like to duel?

(Y/N) raised his hand as he looked at Yang with a smirk.

Y/N:(smirk) I'd like to go against her. It's about time I got a chance to fight.

Yang smirked at him.

Yang: I accept the challenge.

Glynda: Very well, Mr.(L/N) and Ms. Xiao Long, please make your way to the stage.

Yang was about to make her way to the stage.

Y/N: Wait! *looks at him* Mind we do this the old-fashioned way? No weapons, just regular hand to hand combat.

Professor Goodwitch was surprised by his request, but Yang smiled with confidence.

Yang: I have no problem with that.

Glynda: Very well, remove your weapons and hand them to your team.

Yang removed her gauntlets and handed them to Ruby.

Yang: Make sure not to set them off, ok.

Ruby: You got it, sis.

Yang makes her way to the stage as (Y/N) hands his gauntlets to Ruby.