≫ new scenery.

Words: 1013

You get off your plane that went from South Carolina to California with your book bag and suitcase in hand. Walking over to a taxi, you spot your brother, Aiden (L/N) standing by said taxi.

You walk around the taxi and back around to put your hand over his eyes and you say, "Guess who?".

"Um, deez nuts?," he said jokingly. "Yeah, it's deez nuts. I come in peace," you say as you take your hands from over his eyes.

He turns around and embraces you, his green eyes sparkling. "I haven't seen you in forever!," he semi-yells as he squeezes you tighter.

"But don't guys look at their nuts everyday?," you said sarcastically. Aiden stifles a laugh and says, "Typical (Y/N)."

"So are we taking a taxi?," you asked, considering he was standing by a group of taxis. "No, we're taking my car. I just knew you were mainstream enough to look at the taxis first," he said and he dragged me over to a navy blue van.

You let out a 'hmph' at the word 'mainstream'. Like that was actually true right?

He puts the car into gear and goes on the highway to his house. You just ride silent for a few minutes until you decided to ask "So, what's your house like?".

He was silent for a bit while he tried to conjure up the right words. "Well, it has an interesting past-" he started to say then you cut him short by saying "Like what?".

"It's old as fuck, and there have been a lot of murders. Like, a lot. There was this guy who did abortions in the basement.. and.. most recently a girl named Violet Harmon committed suicide. Before her, there was some psychopath who shot up a school and was murdered in the house. The list just goes on," he explained.

He speaks again and says, "They say that those who are killed on that property are to reside there for eternity. But don't worry, sis, it's probably just an urban legend."

You nod and reply, "Have you experienced anything... weird? Paranormal activity perhaps..?"

"Well I did see a boy out the corner of my eye once, but it was probably sleep paralysis or something," he reassured as he shook his head.

"Oh. Sounds like cool shit," you say. For the rest of the ride, you are both silent until he says "We're here," and you get out of the car.

You go to the back of the car and Aiden pops the trunk for you so you can get your bags. You get them and quickly go up to the front door and wait for your brother to open the door, which takes forever since he spends five minutes trying to find the right key.

When you finally got in the house, you were overwhelmed at what it was like. It was beautiful, but looked mysterious in it's own way. You thought that this place was much to beautiful to have such a shitty history.

"Okay, kiddo. Your room is somewhere upstairs. You can go pick one out if you want," Aiden said pointed towards a staircase. You nodded and took your bags upstairs. You looked in one room, which was dusty as all get out, then another which was too big, and then you found a room that looked like it had previously belonged to another teenager.

You set your bags down and decided this would be your room. As soon as you finished your thought you heard footsteps going up the stairs and come into your room. You turn around and your brother is standing in the door way looking around the room.

"I thought you would choose this room. It's a pretty neat joint," he said. "Oh, I just liked that it wasn't so.. big or dirty," you finished quickly with a slight smile.

"Y'know, this was the Violet Harmon girl's room. The one that committed suicide?" he added. "Yeah, nice to know," you said with a rather stoic expression.

He walked out of the room and back down the stairs and you decided you would go explore. It was a pretty old house and it was bound to have something cool about it, right?

You look around the room once more and walk out to explore.

VIOLET'S P.O.V:

I was sitting in the basement, doing nothing in particular, just watching Larry with his wife and two children act stupid along with everyone else.

Ever since I died a few years back, there's been nothing to do. Zero, zip, zilch. Though, I seldom go up to my room and read and listen to music, the two things that will never get old as long as I'm here.

Tate never talks to me anymore. The last time we talked was one year ago when he asked for some shit favor as if he actually thought I would do it.

I was basking in the peaceful bliss in the basement when I heard the door open and talking of humans came into play. Even Larry and his family shut their faces. Everyone in the basement knew about the kid that lived here. His name was Aaron or something, right?

We all exchanged looks when we heard a new voice, a girl. Even Beau came out with his red ball and looked around. I was surprised Tate wasn't already out there trying to hit on her and use her like a toy.

Larry decided to speak up and say "Did you all hear the new voice?". Everyone nodded with a questionable look on their face. "I'll go look," I volunteered. Damn it, why did I say that.

I walk up the stairs and peek out of the doorway to see a girl with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes. She was also with that dude I assumed was her brother.

I go back down and tell them what I saw. They look at each other and resume talking as I go back to sitting down with my back against the wall and thinking about nothingness.