one

When you told me that you loved me I believed it.

When you said I was yours while holding me in your arms and kissing my forehead, telling me sweet nothings in my ear, I fell for it.

When you said you would let nothing, not anyone hurt me, just because you saw I was in pain.

When you promised to always love me, that I was your person forever, I trusted you.

I put all my faith, love, and trust for you in one night.

That was the biggest mistake of my life.

before—

I was sitting in my room, reading my favorite book the night we met.

My brother knocks on my door.

"Can I help you?" I yell from my bed. He walks in all dressed up.

"I'm going tonight with some friends. Mom and dad are too and they told me to bring you with me so you're not alone." He says, almost disappointed.

"I'm not 5. I don't have to go anywhere." I shrug and bring my attention back to my book but he's still standing there.

"Believe me, I already tried to tell mom that, but it's summer and you've just been in your room all day."

"So first they get mad I'm hanging out with my friends too much during the school year, now they're mad I'm not hanging out with anyone. Make it make sense."

My mom walks in, also all dressed up, but nicer than my brother. She wears a sage green dress with beige heels and her black hair is in curls.

"You look pretty mama."

"Thank you," she laughs, "please don't argue with your brother. Just put on some clothes and go hang out, have fun."

"Who's gonna watch Theo then?" Theo is our golden retriever.

"He'll be fine alone for one night. Go have fun please, put your book down. That's all I ask."

"Fine." I sigh knowing I can't fight my mother on this.

"Thank you hun. Love you guys be safe." She pinches my brothers cheek before stepping out the room. Me and my brother don't move till we hear the door close.

"So what's the occasion? What do I wear?"

"It's just gonna be at my friends house, we're eating dinner, playing some games. Dress nice."

I scrunch my brows for a second then start looking through my drawers.

I pull out my favorite blue jeans and a white baby tee.

"You can get out now please."

"Hurry up you have 5 minutes."

5 minutes to get ready?! That is not enough time.

After putting on my clothes I quickly brush and run the straightener through my hair, and put on some mascara.

I grab my cardigan, my converse, and run downstairs.

"I'm ready."

"Bout time." My brother says and grabs his keys from the counter.

"I was ready in 5 Minutes like you asked." I say rolling my eyes.

"Em, it's been 15. We're going to be late."

Whoops.