10

Authors pov

Hoseok leaned against the door, the cold wood pressing into his back. Jimin's kiss had left him in a state of confusion, his emotions tangled and raw. He shook his head, trying to push the thoughts away. "I'll think about it tomorrow," he muttered to himself, forcing the day's events to the back of his mind.

He trudged upstairs to his room, each step feeling heavier than the last. The familiar routine of washing his face, brushing his teeth, and slipping into his nightwear provided a semblance of comfort. As soon as his head hit the pillow, exhaustion overtook him, and he fell into a deep sleep, completely forgetting about Yoongi.

The next morning, sunlight streamed through the curtains, gently waking Hoseok from his slumber. He stretched and rubbed his eyes, but as consciousness fully returned, so did the memories of the previous day. Jimin's kiss, the confession, and the complicated feelings he had for Yoongi all crashed down on him like a wave.

Hoseok sat up in bed, his heart heavy with conflicting emotions. His relationship with Yoongi had always been a complex one. Their friends-with-benefits arrangement was supposed to be simple, but now, with Jimin's kiss and confession, everything felt muddled. He began to question his own sexuality. Was he gay? The thought frightened him. Maybe he was bisexual? That possibility scared him even more because it meant he was still attracted to boys—something his father despised.

He remembered the day his father caught him and his high school best friend, Minjun, kissing in his room. Minjun had been his first friend in high school, a comforting presence for the shy and introverted Hoseok. Yoongi had been his only other close friend back then.

The memory was as vivid as if it had happened yesterday. He and Minjun had been studying in his room, the door closed but not locked. One thing had led to another, and they had shared a kiss—innocent and filled with the excitement of discovery. But then the door had burst open, and there stood his father, rage contorting his features.

The punishment that followed had been severe. Hoseok's body still remembered the pain, but the emotional scars ran deeper. Minjun was forbidden from coming over, and their friendship was effectively severed. Hoseok was warned about the "unnaturalness" of his actions, his father's words cutting into him like knives.

The memory of that day still haunted him. The fear of losing Yoongi the way he lost Minjun gripped him tightly. Yoongi was too precious to go through that. Hoseok couldn’t bear to think about what would happen if his father found out about his feelings, whatever they were. He didn’t want to put Yoongi in that kind of danger.

As he sat on the edge of his bed, his heart raced with turmoil and fear. What if his father found out again? What if he lost Yoongi, just like he lost Minjun? Hoseok didn't have answers, and the uncertainty gnawed at him.

The day stretched ahead, filled with uncertainty. Hoseok knew he needed to talk to someone, but he wasn't sure who. Yoongi was too close, too involved, and Jimin... he couldn’t face Jimin right now. With a heavy sigh, he decided to take it one step at a time, hoping that, eventually, he’d find clarity in the chaos of his emotions.