13

Authors pov

Jungkook paced around his apartment, anxiety gnawing at him. The argument with Jimin still lingered in his mind, and he knew he needed to resolve things, not just for himself but for Taehyung as well. They had both been on edge since Jimin's confession to Hoseok, and it was time to lay everything out in the open.

"Taehyung, we need to talk," Jungkook said, stopping in front of the couch where Taehyung was sitting, scrolling through his phone.

Taehyung looked up, his eyes meeting Jungkook’s with a mix of concern and curiosity. "About what?"

"About Jimin. About us," Jungkook replied, sitting down next to him.

Taehyung sighed, setting his phone aside. "Yeah, we do. This whole situation is messing with my head."

Jungkook nodded. "I talked to Hoseok yesterday. He’s just as confused as we are. But he made me realize we need to be honest with Jimin. We can't keep this bottled up anymore."

Taehyung's expression softened. "I know. But I'm scared, Jungkook. What if it ruins everything?"

Jungkook reached out, taking Taehyung's hand. "I’m scared too. But keeping this inside is tearing us apart. We need to tell Jimin how we feel."

Taehyung nodded slowly. "You're right. We owe it to ourselves and to Jimin."

With a plan in mind, Jungkook texted Jimin, asking if they could meet up. Jimin agreed, and they decided to gather at Taehyung and Jungkook’s apartment later that afternoon.

When Jimin arrived, he looked hesitant but determined. "Hey, guys. What's going on?"

Jungkook took a deep breath, standing up to face Jimin. "Jimin, we need to talk. Please, have a seat."

Jimin sat down, looking between Jungkook and Taehyung. "Okay. What’s this about?"

Taehyung exchanged a glance with Jungkook before speaking. "Jimin, we need to be honest with you. Both Jungkook and I... we have feelings for you. We’ve had them for a long time."

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise. "You both have feelings for me?"

Jungkook nodded. "Yes. We didn’t want to complicate things, so we never said anything. But after everything that's happened, we can't keep it a secret anymore."

Jimin was silent for a moment, processing the revelation. "Why didn’t you tell me before?"

"We were scared," Taehyung admitted. "Scared of how you’d react, and scared of losing what we have with you."

Jimin’s expression softened. "I had no idea. I’ve always seen you two as my closest friends. I never thought... I never realized."

Jungkook stepped closer, his voice gentle. "We didn’t want to put you in a difficult position. But we can’t keep pretending everything is fine when it’s not."

Jimin took a deep breath, looking between them. "I appreciate your honesty. This is a lot to take in, but I’m glad you told me."

Taehyung moved to sit beside Jimin, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We don’t expect you to have an answer right away. We just needed you to know the truth."

Jimin nodded, a small smile forming on his lips. "Thank you. I need some time to process all of this, but I’m not mad or upset. I promise."

Jungkook felt a wave of relief. "Take all the time you need, Jimin. We’re here for you, no matter what."

They spent the next hour talking, their conversation filled with honesty and understanding. The tension that had been building between them began to dissipate, replaced by a renewed sense of connection and trust.

As the afternoon turned into evening, Jimin stood up to leave. "I’m going to take a walk, clear my head. But thank you, really. This means a lot."

Jungkook and Taehyung watched him go, feeling a mixture of hope and uncertainty. They had taken a significant step, and now all they could do was wait and see how things would unfold.

---

That night, Taehyung and Jungkook sat together on the couch, the weight of their confession still heavy on their minds. Taehyung leaned his head on Jungkook's shoulder, sighing softly. "Do you think things will change between us and Jimin?"

Jungkook wrapped an arm around Taehyung, pulling him closer. "I don’t know. But I’m glad we told him. It’s a relief to have it out in the open."

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah, it is. I just hope he takes it well and things don’t get awkward."

Jungkook kissed the top of Taehyung’s head. "Whatever happens, we’ll face it together. We’ve come this far, and we’ll get through this too."

Taehyung smiled, feeling a sense of comfort and reassurance. "I love you, Jungkook."

"I love you too, Taehyung," Jungkook replied, holding him close.

As they sat there in silence, the future seemed a little less daunting. They had taken the first step towards honesty, and whatever came next, they would face it together.