Clear the air (tw)

It's 2014 in New York City in Taylor swifts apartment. She has a five year old son. It's Christmas Eve and Tree Paine is over at her apartment for Christmas

"Hey Eli!" The redhead says happily with a couple gift bags in her hand and she sets them under the decorated Christmas tree.

"Hello!" Eli says excitedly and hugs Trees leg tightly in a fit of giggles.

Taylor comes out of her room with a smile. She's wearing plaid pajama pants and a black tank top. Tree keeps her smile but it pains her to see how small Taylor's body is and how much she's hurting

"Hey Tay," Tree says with a smile as she picks up Eli and sits him on the couch.

"Hi Tree! Merry Christmas!" Taylor hugs her and smiles softly. Tree feels her ribs as she hugs her and is almost afraid to break her if she hugs Taylor too tight.

"Taylor do you want me to make some hot chocolate for all three of us?" She says with hope that she will accept the offer

"No I'm okay. Me and Eli had some before you came." Taylor pulls out of the hug and sits on the couch next to Eli

In reality she hates the sound of that. She hates the sound of calories. The only reason she has food other than just salad and veggies in the fridge is because of her son. Her son is the thing keeping her going. He has been her whole world ever since he was born and Matty left.

Although the internet was wrong about most things they were right about the dating rumors with Matty Healy and Taylor. But they didn't know Eli was his.

When the press found out she was a single mother the slut profile they've built for her increased way more

"Tay.." Tree says softly and looks at her. "How about we bake and eat some Christmas cookies?"

"I uh.. sure!" Taylor just thinks to not eat any after they are made. "Alright. Let's go." Tree smiles as her plan works

They walk over to the kitchen and pull out the ingredients needed and grab the bowls.

"Alexa play my playlist." Taylor says to the Alexa and it starts playing Tied Together With a Smile and Taylor starts singing

"Ironic." Tree scoffs and rolls her eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?" The blonde asks. "You're pretty tied together with a smile, alright."

"How exactly, Tree?" Taylor crosses her arms and stops mixing the bowl but Tree doesn't look up from her task.

"You are acting like everything's fine when it's clearly not." Tree finishes mixing Taylor's bowl and rolls the cookie dough into balls on the parchment paper. "Everything is fine!"

"Mhm, sure." Tree puts the cookies into the oven and sets the temperature. They go and sit on the couch next to Eli who's watching Home Alone

"Tree don't start this. I'm fucking fine!" Taylor yells and looks down at her lap and not into Trees powerful gaze.

The older woman looks at Eli. "Eli honey we are going into your mommy's room for some alone time." She tries to keep her anger quiet.

"Okay!" The oblivious child says happily

The two women go into Taylor's room and sit on her bed. "Taylor you're not fine. Look at you. Just admit you're not eating." The redhead commands.

Taylor puts her head in her hands. She stays silent and thinks to herself then speaks up with a shaky voice. "It's so hard. Everyday pretending I'm fine. I'm not. I want to be pretty. Nobody finds me pretty. People think I'm fat and pregnant."