Hallucination exists?

---

As the days stretched into weeks and the weeks into months, Liam's grief began to consume him. He found himself lost in a haze of memories, his mind playing tricks on him as he struggled to come to terms with Ivy's absence.

Hallucinations plagued him, his senses deceiving him at every turn. He would catch glimpses of Ivy out of the corner of his eye, only to turn and find nothing but empty space. Her laughter echoed through the hallways, haunting him in the quiet moments of the night.

Desperate for solace, Liam sought refuge in the memories of their life together. He poured over old photographs, tracing the lines of Ivy's smile with trembling fingers. He listened to recordings of her voice, clinging to the sound as if it were the only lifeline keeping him tethered to reality.

But the hallucinations persisted, growing more vivid and unsettling with each passing day. Ivy's presence seemed to linger in every corner of their home, a constant reminder of what he had lost.

In the depths of his despair, Liam found himself questioning his sanity. Was he truly seeing and hearing Ivy, or was it simply his mind playing tricks on him? He longed for the comfort of her embrace, the reassurance that she was still with him in some form.

"Dad! Look at the doll I made, she looks just like mommy!" Tia said happily, holding up the doll for her dad to see. Liam's eyes widened as he looked at the doll, seeing a resemblance to Ivy that tugged at his heartstrings.

"Hey Tia, the doll looks great, but it needs a little more stitching. I'll fix it up for you, okay? Why don't you go play with your brother for a bit?" Liam suggested, trying to hide the emotions stirring within him.

"Okay! Make her pretty, daddy!" Tia exclaimed before skipping off to play.

As soon as Tia was out of sight, Liam took the doll in his arms, his heart heavy with longing. "My sweet wife, how was your day?" he murmured softly, his voice filled with a mixture of love and sorrow. "Mine was okay, just came back from work and finished dinner," he continued, pretending that Ivy was there to listen.

He pressed a kiss to the doll's forehead, whispering, "Ivy, I love you, baby," his words a bittersweet echo of the love they once shared.

He began to hear voices again, his wife's voice, haunting him like a ghostly echo in the corridors of his mind.