Promised Possibilities

Calvin

When my phone buzzed, and I'd looked to see it was Emily's friend calling me, I had to admit that I wasn't sure what to think. Was Emily in an emergency that Sarah was too devastated to let me know about?

It could explain why I'd heard Mia yelling at Sarah about something in the hall while they both stomped on by and a door slammed. Getting a call from Emily's friend was not something to take lightly. Panic filled my heart initially, but I tried to be rational about the situation and simply ask. Maybe it was a mis-dial?

"Quinn?" I asked, immediately sitting up

"Quinn?" I asked, immediately sitting up. I brushed my hair out up from my face, getting my fingers tangled in the red knotted mess. "Hey, is Emily okay?"

I heard incoherent arguing in the background and some shuffling around on the other end of the receiver. I waited a moment, listening in as the call had a few light thudding and shuffling noises. I could almost make out Emily's voice being one of the arguing ones.

Quinn's voice came back on. "No, Waterman." A burst of attitude flooded through her initial response. "She's leaving the country in less than an hour and she left her phone in her room. Can you bring it over as fast as possible? I'd ask literally anyone else, but Sarah's mad at her and Mia didn't want to pick up--"

 Can you bring it over as fast as possible? I'd ask literally anyone else, but Sarah's mad at her and Mia didn't want to pick up--"

"Leaving the country?? Why?" I found myself interrupting.

Emily and I weren't on talking terms. I told the girl I was still in love with to give me more time and that I didn't want to be in a relationship with her last we spoke.

But this was supposed to be my last year at this university, if I even graduated on time. I couldn't waste a semester away. There was so much that could happen if she went away to another country.

I could lose her for good.

"I thought you knew! It's for an internship. Anyway, can you like bring the phone over to the LAX airport ASAP? Unless you want Sarah picking up the phone and yelling at you while you're drunk-dialing your ex, I'd suggest bringing it to her," Quinn joked, to which I heard Emily whispering angrily in the background of the call.