Chapter 45.5

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R S

L I V I N G   A   N I G H T M A R E
T H E   T R U T H   U N R A V E L S   I T S E L F

h e e d   t h e   w a r n i n g
p l a y   y o u r   c a r d s

Annika had felt helpless many times in her life—her father, then her sister chutki, when he blackmailed her using Sahil against her, and all those times her weakness was used against her now was the newest addition on the list. Yes, she did feel helpless but what mattered was that she managed to pick up her pieces and walk ahead. She never looked back down.

She never backed away from the challenges. And this might be the most twisted one. The one that appears the truth is not, but entirely a web of well conspired theories that weaved up a plethora of who did what.

"What happened that day, before that, after that, they were blurred into a haze."

She vaguely remembered her own nightmares, that have tormented her since her childhood, her sister, she was snatched away from her after the death of her father. She closed her eyes.

Everyone dear to her was snatched away. All she had for those years was Sahil, her brother. But then he came. A force that she was reckoned with, and her world turned upside down.

Her eyes burned with fresh tears. They got off at the wrong start, but they found their home within the other. He managed to win her over.

They both had their prejudices, but they overcame that.

She knew he did, he made it pretty clear with his Naam, Khoon, Khaandaan speech but he realised then later on, that people are more than their name, bloodline and heritage. He put past his beliefs, so that he could be with her.

He had his account of mistakes, but so did she. She too considered him a spoilt rich brat, which he was at the beginning, but she looked past that persona, the doting son, the doting grandson, the doting nephew and a brother, who loved his cousins, like his own children.

The more she looked deeper the more she reached the depth, she the what seemed to be the family the Oberois were truly——it was just the tip of the iceberg.

The well planned conspiracies among their own family members, doing things that would leave other shuddering doing that to another human, the Oberois did that to their own blood. Not all, but always them.

For them, people were like pawns in their plays. For them to use, for them to sacrifice. She learned it soon enough, she saw he was used as the shield for the family that was ready to be sacrificed had anything to the family.

She chuckled——she saw the true colours of the elders when he was exiled. A grandmother who spoke about loving her grandson more than anything was ready to let him go on the word of her daughter-in-law. Strange isn't it?