32

Everyone nervously stared at the theatre room, and the moment a nurse came out of the room Faruk's Mom rushed to him.

"How is my son?! Nurse, how is he?"

"Relax ma'am, the doctors are attending to him." The nurse replied and left.

"My Goodness!" She gasped while glancing at Hanan, she rushed to her in tears.

"How did this happen?" She cried while holding onto Hanan who was in a state of shock, Hanan couldn't even look at Faruk's Mom in the eye as she was too scared and guilty to do that.

Faruk is in a critical state because of her, how could she tell her that her son got hurt coz of her? She trembled at her thoughts while she tried to speak but her words failed her, as all she could do was cry.

"Please tell me Hanan, How did my son end up in a bloody state? Speak up!" She yelled making Hanan startled and Immediately Najib interfered.

"Aunt, we're sorry but it's none of her fault, it's just an unfortunate incident that occurred."

"Unfortunate incident?!" She scoffed at him and turned to Hanan again.

"What incident? Tell me, this morning my son left home happily to support you today at the court and this is how he returns?"

"I'm... sorry." Hanan forced out her words, and as she spoke, she stammered.

"Your tears won't solve his situation, I just want to know how he ended up this way, please tell me, Hanan."

"He got shot while trying to protect Habiba, it wasn't her fault!" Grandma yells as she approaches them in the accompany of Abdul and the rest, Najib is surprised to see them.

"Abdul, you brought Grandma here? I thought I requested you to send her home." He sighed.

"How can I be at home when all this is happening? I can't!" Grandma snapped while looking at Hanan, she felt hurt to see her in tears and helpless to know that there was nothing one could do to pacify her at the moment.

"She insisted I drove her to the hospital Najib, sorry," Abdul says and together with Nanny Ann, they rush to Hanan who is pale and worried-looking while she stares at the theater room.

"Stop crying." Nanny Ann sighed while she wiped her tears but they kept falling.

"Everything will be fine don't worry, he will survive it, it's not your fault." Abdul chips in and immediately Faruk's mom gets offended.

"It's not her fault? Really?!" She glared.

"Whose bullet did he take? My son better survive this or else I will never forgive you!" She glared viciously at each of them.

"Haba, you shouldn't speak this way," Grandma replied.

"I'm sorry ma, but it's the truth, I've always protected my son from the slightest havoc, he has never been in such a state, but look!" She pointed at the theatre door and turned to them.

"My son is in there fighting for his life coz of her, I don't even have an assurance that he will be fine." She cried.

"Have faith dear, he will be fine." Grandma sighed trying to assure her but she wept harder.

"I'm trying to, but it's hard, he is my only child, how do I continue to live if he doesn't survive?!" She cried.

"My son will survive!" Someone yelled and instantly everyone turned to see Faruk's dad walking huskily towards them, his face expressing anger.

"Uncle... Najib goes to welcome him but he gets stopped halfway.

"I was told that my son got shot by Hajiya? How the hell did that happen?!" He snapped at him.