Prologue

Cecil stands in the corner of the ballroom. Another ball..

He wishes he could be back home in his library, away from everyone. It seems that no one really wanted him to be there anyways. Though he can't see very well he can still make out figures, shapes, and colors. He sees the shapes of the beautiful ladies in their ball gowns giving him probably sympathic looks. The men dressed in their black and white suits whispering about him.

Cecil sighs and starts to head towards the exit. But something make him stop. A sweet, lovely voice. He starts to scan the sea of figures around him, trying to find the voice of the angel he just heard.

Then he sees her. A beautiful black haired beauty. Her hair up in a bun with loose curls on the side of her face and her back. Wearing a pink and golden gown with lace trim. He slowly walks closer to get a better look at her. Light blue eyes, the same as his, look back at him.

The women around her quickly moved out of his way when they notice he was close. Cecil is in utter disbelief. Who was this woman...

The woman, whom he dubbed, "The Angel", smiles kindly at him. Cecil smiles back. One of the women around her grabbed her arm and she disappears back into the crowd with her entourage.

Cecil stands frozen still. His heart beating loudly in his chest.

****

Days have passed he saw "The Angel". Even though he could only make out a bit of her face, he thought she was absolutely beautiful. Especially those eyes of a clear pond. He tries to return to his braille reading but his mind keeps getting distracted. Cecil looks at the drawing he did of the beauty he saw.

It wasn't perfect.. He was never good with portaits but, to him it was. It captured what he saw the most. Her eyes.. The dress she wore..

A loud knock comes from the front door of The Archer estate. A butler walks and opens the door. A woman dressed in a white summer dress, a straw hat with flowers, laced white gloves, parasol, and, a charming smile stands in front of him. But it's the black hair as dark as night and her eyes that he notices.