SEVEN

Delilah decided to spend the night before the mission alone in her living room while everyone else was out getting drinks. She was curled up on the couch wrapped up in a blanket watching TV when she heard her phone buzz. Looking down at the screen, she sees a text message from Bradley. Delilah grabs her phone from beside her and reads it.

Open the door.

Smiling, Delilah turns off her TV and walks to the front door.

Bradley stands outside, waiting patiently on the stoop.

"Hey." Delilah whispers. "I thought you were going out with everyone tonight."

"There's something I gotta say. Cause if this mission goes sideways I need you to hear it from me." Bradley tells her, stepping forward to gently cup the side of her face, thumb brushing across her cheekbone.

"Okay. I'm listening." Delilah says, leaning into his touch.

"I love you, Delilah. I'm still in love with you. I never stopped." Delilah feels like crying but she doesn't. Instead, she reaches up and kisses Bradley deeply, pressing her body against his.

"I love you too." Delilah responds, smiling against his lips.

"If I make it back, will you give me another chance?" Bradley pleads, his lips still brushing against hers.

"When you make it back, I'll marry you if that's what it'll take to keep you around." Delilah replies.

"Deal." Bradley answers, kissing her again, harder. "I've missed this."

"Missed what?" Delilah asks, pulling back slightly so she can look into his eyes.

"You. Every single part of you." Bradley smiles and presses a gentle kiss to her lips.

"Me too." Delilah agrees with a smile.

Bradley slowly walks her back, lips pressed to hers again and shuts her door behind them. Bradley wraps his arms around her and mutters, "Jump."

Delilah follows his instructions without hesitation, landing hard against his chest, legs wrapping around his waist and her arms coming up to grip his neck tightly. Bradley picks her up and carries her to the bed, laying her gently down. When she looks up she sees a smirk on his face, he leans down and captures her lips once again, he lets his hands roam freely over her body, loving the feel of her, the way her soft curves fit perfectly against him. His hands slowly move under her shirt, caressing her smooth skin as he takes his sweet time exploring her.

"Bradley," Delilah moans as he trails kisses along her neck. "I can't wait any longer, please."

"Anything you want, Lilah. It's yours."

"Just you." Delilah mumbles, reaching for his shirt. "I only ever wanted you."

Bradley quickly strips out of his t-shirt and jeans while Delilah pulls off her shirt and shorts, tossing them away just as Bradley's crawling back to her.

"Ready?" He asks, and Delilah nods as Bradley positions himself at her entrance.

Bradley and Delilah laid wide awake around midnight that night. Their anxieties of the mission ahead of them blending together in the air around them.

"You know, I spent the night before my first deployments just like this." Bradley says. "Only your number was typed out on my phone ready for me to call you, instead of you laying here next to me."

"Really?" Delilah sits up, turning to face Bradley.

"I thought about you everyday during that deployment." Bradley replies. "I even had this letter tucked in my belongings for you in case I never made it home. I figured if I was gonna die before I could tell you everything, you at least needed to hear it from me one way or another."

"Well I'm glad I heard it from you." Delilah smiles. "I was at that deployment ceremony." Delilah shrugs. "Couldn't bring myself to talk to you."

"We've waited too much time bouncing around each other." Bradley laughs.

"We really have."

"The minute we're back, I'm heading straight to the storage unit out there and getting Mom's ring, if you still want to marry me by then." Bradley tells her, tugging her back down to the bed.

"I'll never change my mind on that." Delilah shifts closer to Bradley, wrapping an arm around him as she starts to fall asleep. "I love you, Rooster."

"I love you Songbird," and just before they fall asleep, Bradley plants a soft kiss on Delilah's forehead and they drift to sleep in each other's arms.