real life

"Hey guys," I grin at my phone, leaning it against the bathroom mirror. "I'm at the airport and I'm waiting in the bathroom because people scare me."
I read through comments while trying to apply my skincare at the same time.
"Why am I doing skincare in the airport bathroom? Because, I overslept and was scared I was gonna miss my flight. I wouldn't have showered but I desperately needed to wash my hair and now I have to fly with wet hair."
"I'm going to Spain for the weekend, I'll most likely be back on Monday, maybe Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm going to the Barcelona game yet." I scroll through more comments but pause as people start mentioning Jude.
"Bellingham's here? Oh the older one, I was hoping for Jobe," I say, sarcastically. "Hi Bellingham senior, did you enjoy riding the bench?"
I grin, "I'm kidding. I'm pretty sure the brace against us cursed you and the team though. First draw in a minute huh?"
'Keeping up with my games?'
"No one's keeping up with you weirdo, I check in with kepa."
'I'm sure'
'you saw our 3-1 win then?'
"Yes Bellingham, I saw the first game you lot won after your drawing streak. Noticed it was the first one without you too."
'One game isn't a streak isa'
"I'm ignoring your comments now," I roll my eyes. "Anyway guys I'm gonna go now, don't want to miss my flight. Just incase our plane crashes I want to leave a final message for the world. VISICA BARCA, thank you," I smile and end the live. After quickly putting my stuff away, I grab my AirPod maxs and leave the bathroom. I discreetly hunt out a spot away from people in front of my gate and sit down.

...
I lean back in my seat as the passengers clap, applauding the crew for a successful flight. Personally I'm not one to clap after the plane lands but no hate to anyone. I instead went to immediately turn off airplane mode. I find Jude's contact but hesitant, my finger lingering over the call button. I decide against it and instead call kepa. I connect the call to my my headphones and place my phone in my sweatshirt.
"Hello?"
"Hola Kepa. Dónde estás?" (Hello Kepa. Where are you?)
"En casa, ¿por qué?" (At home, why?)
"¿Puedes venir a buscarme desde el aeropuerto?" (Can you come get me from the airport?)
"¿Estás en Madrid?" (You're in Madrid?)
"Sí. Te lo explicaré más tarde." (Yes. I'll explain later.)
"Is this about Jude?"
"No comment."
"Dios mío. You're finally going out with Jude!" (Oh my god.)
"Come pick me up dickhead."
"I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Bye."
Before I can say bye, he hangs up.
"Thank you," I nod at the guy taking my bag off the baggage conveyor. I walk towards the exit of the airport I've been in one to many times. I grew up in Barcelona and always visit, but something about coming to Madrid is enhancing. The beauty can't compare to Barcelona, but you eventually get bored of seeing the same sights you grew up around. Me and Aurora would drive down here behind our parent's backs. Gavi never wanted to come with, but he'd always cover for us. He did snitch once when he found out we went to meet up with two guys. I couldn't leave the house for weeks after. Gavi eventually apologized when we refused to go to his games.
"Taxi for Mrs. Isabella Paez," a voice says, snapping me out of my head.
"Kepa," I grin.
"I would've made a sign but I had 15 minutes to get here, and it's a 10 minute drive."
"Thank you," I hug him after he gets out.
"Get in, I'll take your bag."
"Thanks. Can I drive?"
"Don't push it." I laugh and walk around to the passenger side. "Why didn't you call your boyfriend?" He asks right as he gets back in the car.
"Wow straight to it huh? He wouldn't have let me stay in a hotel, or would've insisted to pay for it."
"You didn't deny him being your boyfriend," Kepa grins.
"Why bother, you'll call him that nonetheless."
"Very true. What's wrong with staying with him?"
"I don't know him like that. It'd be awkward staying with him and his mom."
"That is kind of weird. You could always stay with me."
"No thanks mate. I've learned you have very thin walls, and you always forget that."
"Hey, that was once."
"That one time still gave me ptsd. Plus living in hotels is the best part of traveling."
"I'm more of an Airbnb guy."
"Shocker," I scoff.
"¿Qué se supone que significa eso?" (What's that supposed to mean?)
"You know what I mean Kepa."
"That's it I'm dropping you off at Jude's."
"No," I yell, grabbing his arm. "I was kidding keppy. Love you mate."