04

The day after graduation.
Leila's POV

I stood in front of a convenience store, with my hands inside 'the holes of my sweater'. The weather was cold and it was only pre-winter right now. I shivered as a gush of cold air hit my face each time a vehicle passed in front of me.

The gentle chime of the wind bell of the store resonated, indicating that someone had either just entered or departed from the store.

"Here." Kenny placed the cold ice popsicle pack right on my face, making one side of my face turn red from the cold.

"Agh! Move that away it's already too cold for me out here." I shoved his hand away.

"Who eats popsicles at night and in this kind of weather??" I frowned at him.

"Me!" He said, smiling foolishly.

"So you don't want this?" He waved the popsicles in front of me. I shook my head as a no.

"Here. Then click a picture of me." He handed me his phone and shoved both the popsicles into his mouth.

"How do you not get a brain freeze?" I mumbled clicking a picture of him. He took his phone back and chuckled typing something on his phone. I peeked at his phone screen and saw him sending those pictures to Sky. She replied after a while saying...
' » I WANT ONE!! '

"I can hear her saying that haha!" I laughed at her text.

Raising my head I saw a person standing on the other side of the road in a black leather jacket, and a loose pair of black jeans, he held a helmet in his hand. His black hair was shining golden as the Street lamp's Light fell over his head.

"And you know what..." Kenny's voice started to sound muffled.

As the traffic light shifted to red, the vehicles passing by at full speed screeched to a halt. The bustling atmosphere was instantly replaced by a stillness. As he started walking towards us, With every step he took, I could even hear the sound of each pebble scraping against his shoes, his helmet swinging in his hand. His piercing gaze met mine as he slowly raised his head. It was him.

'What in the romance movie..'
I thought to myself.

"Leila." He stepped onto the foot trail, maintaining the eye contact with me.

"H-hey." God damn stop stuttering! I slapped myself a few times in my mind.

"Sup? Vinnie boy, never expected to run into you here!" Kenny got in between.

"Uh-huh, Just here to grab a soda real quick." He glanced at Kenny for a second before turning his head back to me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Snacks.." I said, showing the plastic bag full of snacks to him. He gave a silent nod and went inside the store.

"Huhu, what a coincidence to meet your crush here of all places." Kenny nudged me.

"KEEP QUIET!" I whisper-shouted at him, pinching his cheek. He pinched me back. So I head-locked him.

"Leila! We've talked about this!"

"You don't use those moves on me! I showed you those for self-defence, not to choke innocent people!" He groaned struggling to remove my hand from his neck, as his hands were busy holding onto his popsicles. I laughed at the funny faces he was making.

"Ehem." Someone cleared their throat. I turned around to see Vinnie looking down at us. I quickly let go of Kenny and turned my face to avoid Vinnie's looks.

"I could've passed out for real.." Kenny breathed deeply.

"Oh- Vinnie boy!" Kenny finally noticed Vinnie standing behind us.