THE VINNIE ADLER STORY

Author's POV

»Vinnie was born to 'Adeline Rose', and her Ex Husband 'Issac Barnes'.
» His mum and Cassian's father, 'Daniel Adler', were in a romantic relationship before Adeline entered into an arranged marriage with her ex-husband, Isaac. Despite her marriage, Adeline and Daniel continue to maintain their relationship.
» When Vinnie was the age of 8, his parents got a divorce because of the obvious reasons.
» 5 months prior to Adeline's marriage, Daniel found himself in an arranged marriage with 'Cassandra' as it was his father's dying wish.
»Cassandra's life was filled with despair and hardship, despite her marriage into a wealthy family. She was subjected to abuse by Daniel. Her in-laws were cruel to her and she was fully aware of her husband's affairs.
» 9 years into their marriage, the town heard rumours about Cassandra's sudden disappearance.
» Not even a week later, the rumours were replaced by gossip about Daniel and His second marriage with Adeline.

No one's POV

"I'm getting a new papa?" An eight-year-old Vinnie smiled looking up at his mum who was sitting beside him inside the car.

"He is your real dad, Vinnie." Adeline smiled back at her son.

"Real dad? Then what about papa? Was he a fake dad?" Vinnie asked innocently.

"....Yes." Adeline answered hesitantly.

"Oh...But it's okay now that I will have my real dad." Vinnie hugged his mother's arm. Adeline caressed her son's hair.
Soon enough they arrived at the grand bungalow that belonged to the Adler's.

"Now, before we go meet Dad I want you to listen to me very carefully alright?" Adeline raised her son's face with her finger under his chin, making him face her directly.

"There's a boy. Who is your competition." Adeline's eyes narrowed.

"He wants to take your Dad away from me...and you. Just like his mother tried to, but I took care of his mother."

"Now the problem becomes the boy. He'll use his charms to win over your Dad's heart and take him away. Do you want that, my sweetest?" Adeline's pleading expression made her son's heart ache. The hatred for this certain boy started to grow in his heart.

"I don't, mama. I want new papa to stay with us forever!" Vinnie scrunched up his face.

"If you want that, you need to become a good boy in front of Dad, behave properly. Win over his heart. And never let that witch's son get your Papa's attention." Adeline said fixing Vinnie's small bow attached to his shirt.

"I promise to become a good boy, mama. And you don't worry, new papa will be with us forever!" The small child huffed.

"Very well. Now we go meet your new papa." Adeline smiled gesturing the driver to go open the door for them.

The small boy held the hand of his mother as they both walked into the grand bungalow. The door was pushed open by the guards outside.

"There you are!"  Daniel's deep  resonant voice reverberated through the deserted hall.
he stood with one hand tucked inside the sleek pockets of his elegant black formal dress. By his side stood a small child, with a beaming smile.

"My sweetest!" Adeline softened her voice and quickened her pace as she made her way towards Daniel. She greeted her new husband. While both of the parents stood there talking.
The small ones were left there standing staring at each other intensely.

"Oh! Cassian, why don't you take a moment to welcome your new brother and give him a tour of the place?" Daniel smiled at his son.

"Sure, father." Cassian gave his father a small smile before approaching Vinnie, who did not look pleased to be in his presence.