Prologue

I hate this.

I've been sitting in my daddy's red jeep for the past hour looking out the window at other people. Me, my momma and my daddy are stuck in traffic and apparently there are monsters eating people, then those people who got eaten die and come back to life and eat people too but that's all I've gathered from listening in on daddy and momma.

I finally got bored of sitting in the car doing nothing but starin' at people then getting weird looks through the window for starin'. I shoved the car door open and jumped out but I somehow tripped over the air and fell into a bush. My daddy says I've got a brain the size an ants balls and my momma always agrees with him but she really just agrees with him in anything if it's mean to me but it's not like they're bullies, just tryna toughen me up as my uncle Mike says.

I use the closest tree to stand up and look around at where I couldn't see from inside the car. There was loads a' people freakin out and some even yelling at each other. Maybe it's cause they're stressed or maybe they just wanna grab an Axe and swing it at each other's heads but I hope it's the first possibility. I look a few cars down and see a woman looking over at the city.Theres a man beside her.He's got short dark brown hair, a big nose and he's wearing a grey-ish shirt and jeans. He's got his hand on her back while she's cryin a little. I'm just gonna assume he's her husband or something.

A kid who looks maybe a few years older than me comes outta nowhere and stands behind his mom.I never saw him like 5 seconds ago so maybe he teleported. There's this kid in my class who says she has magical powers and she can teleport but she's just lying to seem cool so I told her that she's an annoying lying bitch and she snitched on me. It's not my fault she was stupid. I got in trouble after that and when I got home after school I got in a lotta trouble with my daddy but I get in trouble a lot so I didn't really care. Okay I'm getting distracted now.

I turn my head away from the family of three but my slightly unintentionally creepy staring suddenly got interrupted by a loud boom.I quickly looked up and saw the city that I was in just 2 hours ago exploding. Buildings were falling down and into pieces and there was fire, so much fire. Everyone ran towards it and when I looked at the family of three again the woman was hugging her son and they were crying.

I looked over at another woman with short grey hair who had her hand over her mouth in shock as she held her daughter who was about the boys age close to her side. Everyone was being hugged and comforted by their family and I was just standin' here alone while my dad was yellin' at some guy. He had a shaved head and he was standing next to a moterbike close to another guy who seemed to be a little younger with short brown hair wearing a grey shirt. He wasn't really paying attention to the argument until my dad got really close to the guy with the shaved head and the other guy stepped in. I saw my dad let out a scoff and come back to the car. He looked at me and I felt like he wanted me to go starve to death in a hole just by his stare.

"Get in the car" he ordered and without a second thought I ran and began going to the car but before I opened the door I turned around to get another look at what used to be my home, where I grew up.

I turned back and swung the door back open and jumped up into the back seat. I didn't know if this was going to be over or not but by the fact that the cities being bombed and there are dead people muchin' on each others limbs I don't really know. Because unlike my momma, I'm not delusional and waiting for no cops to roll up and tell us we can go back home and keep crying in bed watching tv, doing drugs and drinking till we can't feel our faces anymore. Well I wouldn't be doing that the average person would.

Anyways. I was hoping I wouldn't end up like other people I know who've just been munched and crunched on by gross, ugly monsters. I opened the back seat door and unzipped my pink leather bag and pulled out my sketchbook and some coloured pencils. Maybe I could find something to do right now.

Despite what my Daddy said I jumped outta the car and climbed on top of it. I put my sketchbook on my lap and my coloured pencils next to me. I was gonna draw an ugly bone crunching monster, but pretty. I think everyone's pretty but not weird dead ones who wanna eat me, they're really ugly.

I started drawing it how I wanted. It looked a bit like a zombie which was basically what they were but way fuglier. Suddenly the paper flew off my lap and onto the currently useless road. I jumped off the car and ran after it. It kept flying and flying away from me but it finally stopped when the wind calmed down. I stopped running and I was about to get it when a soccer ball went rolling over it quicker than a cheetah on illegal steroids.

Mud had smeared all over the pretty version of a zombie and I searched for the culprit. The same boy I saw before caught my eye and he had a guilty look on his face. Oh you're gonna be feeling real guilty in a second when I slam your head into a tree.

"Sorry." He apologised but he didn't really look that sorry. Like the mean kids at school who say sorry for something then laugh and do it again.

I knew I wasn't supposed to let my anger control me but sometimes I couldn't control it. I huffed and lifted my hand up, folding four of my fingers back and leaving the middle up facing him. He looked shocked then really sad which was stupid but I could already tell that was basic knowledge. Well, maybe not for him. He started running off to his mom and I just rolled my eyes and walked away, asshole.

I saw my dad smoking a cigarette and leaning against a car while my momma and the guy with the shaved head were talking. She was smiling and laughing and looked weirdly happy and I didn't know why cause she was never happy unless I suddenly died, then she'd be ecstatic.

I made eye contact with the guy standing next to him who I guessed to be his brother. His expression didn't change which scared me so I quickly ran off.

This was all too scary.

🌊🚢

PROLOGUEEE

I first published this a few days ago but I forgot loads of stuff so I had to re write it and now it's like twice as long but it's still short enough.

I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you have a good day!(unless you're like Carl in season 1-3)

BYEEEE❤️
And remember to Eat, drink water, sleep and have a bath or shower🧌