SOME DAY

Nesta and Cassian sat on the sofa, watching little Nyx run around the room with boundless energy. The three-year-old giggled as he played with his toys, his dark locks and wings bouncing with each movement.

"I can't believe how much energy he has," Nesta commented, smiling at the young boy's infectious laughter.

Cassian chuckled, "He definitely takes after his mother in that regard."

Nesta rolled her eyes but couldn't hide the fondness in her voice as she watched Nyx's antics. Suddenly, the toddler tripped over her own feet and let out a small cry, tears welling up in her eyes.

Nesta was immediately on her feet, scooping Nyx into her arms and soothing him with whispered words. Cassian knelt down beside them, offering a gentle touch to Nyx's shoulder.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You're okay," Cassian said softly, his eyes filled with concern.

Nesta looked up at him, her heart swelling with emotion at the sight of him comforting their nephew. In that moment, she realized just how much she loved him and how much she wanted to build a family with him.

As Nyx calmed down and resumed his play, Nesta and Cassian shared a knowing look.

"I think we'd make pretty good parents," Nesta said quietly, a shy smile tugging at her lips.

Cassian's eyes lit up with happiness, his hand finding hers as he squeezed it gently.

"Yeah, we would." he replied, his voice filled with love and promise. "Someday, when we're ready."

And in that moment, as Nyx continued to fill the room with laughter and joy, Nesta and Cassian knew that their future together held the possibility of starting a family of their own.