Ditched Drafts 4

A little smth from Feel Better.

***

Galaxy slumped as he walked through the door, slowly closing the door behind him. As he walked along to sit and wait for Sabre to come home, puffy-eyed as he was, seemed he didn't have to.

"Gal?" Sabre stood from the couch "Somethin' happen, dear?"

"You're home early" Galaxy commented as Sabre came over to kiss his cheek.

"Not' lot been goin' on. Not much paperwork" Sabre shrugged "You didn't answer my question, though, what wrong?"

"Did that kid go home early, too?"

Sabre crossed his arms "Galaxy"

"Y-yes darling?"

"Are you okay?"

Galaxy sniffed, tears re-welling in his eyes before clinging onto Sabre. Sabre hugged him closer, pulling the taller man into his chest and rocking him in comfort.

"Oh Gal." He hummed "There, there, let it out."

Once he's calmed once again, settled as Sabre rubbed circles in his back, Sabre asked again.

"Did somethin' happen, dear?"

"Er-" Galaxy sighed into his chest, before pulling away to look at his husband "Troubles at work."

"Is your boss bein' an asshole again, Gal?"

"He's just hard on me because my jobs important" Galaxy stood straighter. "It's just... a lot, sometimes."

"What happened, though?"

"..."

They agreed to talk about it more over dinner. Galaxy and him cooked together, calming Galaxy as his small sniffs and hics died out. Eventually they both sat down at the table.

"So what happened?"

"Er..." Galaxy looked down at his plate of pasta "I got demoted-"

"WHAT?"

"I got those reports to him but he said he 'wanted them by Tuesday' but he told me by next Monday. He keep doin' this, he keeps telling me one date then pullin' it a week back despite I always get this stuff early to him- and- and-"

Sabre reached for one of his hands as he shook. They held each other's hands across their small table, Sabre rubbing his thumbs along his knuckles. Galaxy sighed shakily.

"At this rate, I don' know what to do anymore... I-I mighy end uo getting fired, or something, really."

"What did he demote you to?"

"I think some manager position, but he still wants those weekly reports"

"So basically, he has you workin' accountant and manager for even less money?"

"Well when you put it like that..."

Sabre hummer "The bastard."

"It's not that bad but I wish he were more clear abo-"

"I wish I could stick my foot up his ass."

Galaxy shook his head "Nothin' to be done, Sabs."

"Threaten to quit. We both know that no one else is gonna fill in your job, so he'd have no choice but to treat you well, no?"

"Oh, he'd find a way... we should record our meeting or something so he can't just... so I can better remember the days and times he wants."

"We both know you're not the problem, dear."