Ch. 5 {|| Flatlining ||}

TW: Hospital, Swearing, Flatline

??? POV:

      I've been visiting Grace in the hospital every day now. I stay for hours before I go home to go to work. It's been about a month that she's been here. The doctors said she's in a coma, something about losing too much blood or some shit. Hell if I know, I'm a damn stripper, not a doctor.

      About a week ago the nurses took off the bandages that were on Grace's arms. She still has an IV in her arm though. I'm sitting in a chair that's uncomfortable as hell next to her hospital. I've been staring at the freckles that are more prominent on her face because it's so pale. I'm lightly tracing the scars littered all over Grace's arms wondering how many years they've been collecting on her arms.

      The machine that tracks her heartbeat is beeping at a normal pace when suddenly the beeping turns into one long beep. "Oh shit, she's flatlining! Oh fuck! What do I do?!" I scream in my head before a bunch of nurses rush in with medical equipment and hurry me out of the door, shutting it right behind me.

      I slump into one of the chairs outside of Grace's room and panic. Many thoughts run through my head, "Fuck, Grace you can't die on me. Dammit, this can't be happening." I was crying now, but honestly, I didn't care.

      I must've fallen asleep because I was awakened by the sound of Grace's door being opened. I look up at the clock on the wall and saw it had been a few hours.

      The doctor walks out of the room and looks at me, I straighten up in the chair and look up at him waiting for him to say something.

      In those moments my whole world stops when he gives me the news. I break down sobbing when I hear what happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Oop- cliffhanger. What do you think happened? Do you think those are relieved tears or heartbroken ones? I hope you liked this chapter! Feel free to comment suggestions/advice or anything you want. Have a great day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! c: ~

- Vivian -