Ch. 1 {|| Mr. Friend ||}

TW: P3do, R@pe, Mentioned $H, Swearing

Grace POV:

      "C'mon Grace, let's play our game." Larry: my babysitter called out to me. We've played our game since I was five. It's a weird game but Larry says every little girl and her babysitter plays it so I play along. I don't want to make him mad.
      I walk over to Larry as per usual. "Today you'll get a very special surprise at the end of the game." Larry tells me, smiling. He sits down on the couch motioning me to kneel in front of him like usual. While I situate myself to be comfortable on my knees in front of him, the prison walls that imprison Mr. Friend are pulled away, leaving Mr. Friend only in his cell.
      "Go on, free Mr. Friend and show him how much you appreciate him." This is how the game goes. Like I said, weird. But I don't want Mr. Friend to be sad. My little hands free Mr. Friend from his imprisonment. He is standing up straight in excitement to see me.
      "See, he's so excited to see you. Show him your love." Larry smiles down at me. I kiss Mr. Friend softly and whisper to him, "Hi there Mr. Friend. I'm back. See, I told you I wouldn't leave. So don't be sad." I rub Mr. Friend's head affectionately.
      After I finish my game with Mr. Friend, Larry grabs my face and says, "Now. Time for that surprise I was talking about." Larry picks me up and pins me to the couch. I feel something under my skirt and... "Ouch! Stop it, it hurts!" I try to push him away, but my seven-year-old body isn't strong enough. Tears blur my vision as I scream out, wishing more than anything Hope would've been there to stop the pain.
      I sit up with sweat dripping down my face and a scream in my throat. I muffle the noise quickly so my parents and the neighbors wouldn't hear. "Fuck. It's that horrid dream again." I say to myself in my head. I feel a drop of liquid land on my leg. Reaching up to my face I realize that I was crying. I wipe my eyes with the palm of my hand and slide out from under my covers. My bedroom floor is cold under my feet as I shuffle to my bathroom. I turn on the faucet and splash the cold water onto my face, successfully waking me up the rest of the way. I dry my face off with a towel and open my medicine cabinet. I pull out the bottle of hydrogen peroxide and a roll of bandages. I unwrap the old bandages on my arms and clean the week-old wounds. Staring at the scars littering the expanse of my arms, I absent-mindedly wrap my arms with new bandages.
      After tending to my wounds, I put away the bottle of hydrogen peroxide and the bandages, turn off the bathroom lights, and walk over to my desk with a simple lamp on it, along with my laptop, and a stack of notebooks that I have written in every day over the past nine years since I was five.
      Sitting down in my chair I turn on my lamp, pick up the top notebook in the stack, and open to the next blank page. I open the top drawer, take a pencil out, and sharpen it in the sharpener sitting on my desk. With the lamp light illuminating the blank page, I write the date at the top left of the page. I write and write until my hand cramps up and I have nothing else to write right now. I put the pencil back into the drawer, close the notebook, and set it back on top of the others. Clicking off my lamp, I get up from my chair and walk over to my window.
      I look out at the night sky, sparkling with millions and millions of stars behind the tree right outside of my window. I open my window and climb out onto the closest branch of the tree. With the thick branch beneath my feet, I climb onto the top of the roof. Laying down on the roof I look up at the stars and let my mind wander.
      I lay on the roof of my house all night looking at the stars until I hear the first sounds of birds singing. I climb back into my room and throw on my hoodie and sweats. I head out to go on my daily morning run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ So, this was the first chapter, I hope you liked it! Feel free to comment suggestions/advice or anything you want. Have a great day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! c: ~

- Vivian -