𝟑𝟖 | 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 ᯓ ᡣ𐭩

┊͙˖*°

you walked to the front of your class, turning in your most recent work. your teacher glanced up, a bit surprised, but he refrained from commenting.

you sat back down at your desk, nervously drumming your fingers against the table.

you hoped you did well.

but regardless of how you did, sakusa had taken time out of his day to help you, and you thought it would be nice to get him a small treat to thank him, so you went back to your dorm after lecture, where you found yachi doing an assignment.

at first you thought about cutting up some fruit for him to show your appreciation, but you paused. you would have to put the fruit in a container, and sakusa would probably barf at the thought of eating fruit out of a used container, let alone yours.

at this point, yachi was eyeing you curiously, a smile adorning her lips as she watched you take some fruits out of the mini fridge. "what are you up to?" she chimed, bringing your attention back to her.

you turned to her, a sheepish smile pulling at your lips. "nothingg," you hummed, deciding against your previous idea and coming up with something else— you figured it would be easier to buy sakusa something from the cafeteria. it was simple, but a nice gesture overall, right?

she was now fully turned in her chair, her knees up on the wooden seat and her hands grasping onto the frame.

"that smile says otherwise! what are you doing?" she asked again, her brows creasing when she noticed you started putting the fruit away.

"don't hold out on me!" yachi whined, eager for some answers.

you gave in with a sigh, but there was a smile playing on your lips as you spoke, "i wanted to thank sakusa for helping me."

she giggled, shifting in her chair slightly, "aww!! that's sweet, y/n!! why are you putting the fruit away though?"

you shrugged as you closed the fridge. "he wouldn't like getting fruit from a used container. he's a very hygienic person."

your friend's smile grew wider, now rocking back and forth in the chair. "that's so thoughtful~ almost too thoughtful. do you like him?" she asked, exaggerating the letters in her words.

you laughed nervously before putting your hands on her chair to stop her from rocking the chair. "stop it yachi! your teasing makes me feel like a little girl."

yachi stopped, her teasing smile replaced with a genuine one.

"i'm just excited! you seem happier than usual, so i'm happy."

you rolled your eyes, turning away from the girl and making your way to the door. "you make it sound like i'm in love."

"are you?"

you scoffed, opening the door and stepping out. "oh my gosh– no! call it a possible situationship," you told her, waving a quick goodbye and closing the door behind you.

-

after picking up some packaged fruit and seaweed chips from the cafeteria, you headed towards the gym with your purchase swinging gently in a plastic bag at your side. as you walked you couldn't help but wonder if this was weird.