Journal Entry: Reflections on the Road.

Date: July 15th, 2025

Location: Small Town, Colorado. 

As I sit in the back of the van, Juliet curled up beside me, I can't help but reflect on the incredible journey we've been on so far. This past month has been a whirlwind of new experiences, challenges, and unforgettable encounters. Teaching about OCD and alcoholism has not only been a mission but a deeply personal journey for me as well. 

Our first big stop was in Tennessee. The community center was filled with people from all walks of life, eager to learn and share. I remember feeling a wave of nervousness as I stood in front of them, but seeing Juliet's calm, trusting eyes gave me the strength I needed. I shared my story, opening up about my struggles with OCD and alcoholism and the steps I took towards recovery. It was the first time I publicly spoke about it, and the response was overwhelming. People were so receptive, and the connections we made were immediate and profound. 

One of the most memorable encounters was with a young girl named Sophie in Colorado. Sophie, a high school student, approached me after one of my talks. Her eyes were filled with tears. and she told me how much my story meant to her. She had been struggling with OCD for years, feeling isolated and misunderstood. Hearing her story broke my heart, but it also reinforced why this mission is so important. We talked for a long time, and I could see a glimmer of hope in her eyes by the end of our conversation, Juliet, sensing the significance of the moment, laid her head on Emily's lap, offering silent support. 

Sophie's bravery in sharing her story also inspired many others to open up. We had group discussions where people talked about their experiences with OCD, their fears, and their coping mechanisms. It was a powerful reminder of the importance of community and the strength that comes from knowing you're not alone.