Ghost of a Chance

The Chaos Council's giant aircraft appeared. Eggforcers were lined up together while Babble pressed keys on his keypad, along with a few other members and Eggman was looking down at his 'henchmen'.

"Crush everything in your path until you find the Shards!" Eggman said and the Eggforcers and the two ally aircrafts swarm down onto the landscape.

They all walked, thumping the land as they did so while Silver and Sonic watched over them.

Silver sighed.

"Don't you just hate this part? The buildup? Sonic and Silver versus unbeatable odds, with the fate of the world at stake. Like, let's just get on with it already! Hey, I'm not gonna be the one who pulls a hammy." Silver said.

"What about him?" Sonic asked referring to Nine configuring a shard. "We can't just leave him alone with the Prism Shards."

"Uh, yes we can. Seeing as he's the only one who can put them back together, and, y'know, fix reality? You really don't trust him, do you?"

"No."

"Of course you don't. You don't trust anyone. You wanna stay here and babysit? Fine. Knock yourself out. I'm gonna go buy us some time." he said and jumped down, with Sonic looking on grimacing, then also jumped down.

"Well, look who couldn't resist a team-up." Silver said while Sonic ran with him.

"Hardly. Have you seen what happens when you go it alone?" Sonic said and dashed off.

"You mean landslide victory? Someone sounds jealous!" he shouted out and they both encounter Eggforcers.

Sonic punched one from mid-air, while Silver leapfrogged over her and kicked another. She stomped on two more before punching another one. He punched one, did a relaxed pose while hitting the next one and overhead kicked another one. She took one of the broken Eggforcers with her shoes up in the air and corralled it into another one. Then she stomped another three. Silver defeated another three before two more collide together in mid-air then they met each other.

At the Yoke HQ.

"Oh, my egg!" Eggman said shocked after seeing Sonic.

"There's two of him now?! Impossible!" Don't said and Babble babbled confusedly as they watched Silver and Sonic's footage on the monitor.

"After all this dimension-hopping, nothing should surprise you." Deep said.

"So what if there's two of 'em? Two means twice as easy to hit!" Done-It said.

"No... It means our task just got far more difficult!" Eggman said and typed on the keyboard. "Diverting stored Shard energy to our Eggforcers. Let's see how they do when our forces are powered up!" he said and the Generator started crackling.

At Ghost Hill the crackling transferred to all the Eggforcers. They power up and fire constant bullets. Silver jumped and performed a flying punch, but the Eggforcer blocked his fist, before delivering a right hand back at him, causing him to fly back and land on the ground.

"He's down! Hit 'em with everything you got!" Done-It said, laughed maniacally and rockets as a group of homing missiles were fired at the group.

They got away at the last split second, leaving the missiles to explode as they hit the landscape while Sonic was carrying Silver.

"Ugh. Probably gonna regret that." Sonic said.

"I heart you too, Sonic." Silver said and made a heart sign with his hands, to which she just rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Soon, they both stopped to a halt, staying alerted. Suddenly, two aircrafts came rushing towards them.

"Split up!" Silver said and they ran together and split up.