The Devil Is in the Tails

Silver peeled out to the top of the tower and landed opposite Nine. Then they growled and went to tackle each other when a shockwave burst from the tower, blowing them both back, but they stayed standing on the tower.

"Nine, enough. We can still end this. Whoa!" Silver said but was forced to dodge Nine's bullet attacks. "Together." he said and dodged another series of bullets.

"Together?" Nine said annoyed and floated up while Silver peeled out around the tower. "You only care about getting back to your precious Green Hill." he said and fired more bullets down to the edge on the tower, causing Silver to halt.

"I care about all of this. You, the Shatterverse, and everyone inside of it. I know you do too. And that Prism power-"

"Is my ticket to protecting my new world. Once I take the remaining Prism energy that's in you, the Grim will be saved. Look around." Nine said and Silver turned back. "You've already lost and you don't even know it. Your so-called friends won't be doing any more fighting. Meanwhile, my army has one purpose: To get your energy."

Grim Birdies flew up towards the tower and shot at Silver who leapt off part of the structure, spin attacked one of them and landed on another, looking at Nine.

"It's gonna take more than just a few knockoff robots to slow me down." Silver said and jumped off at the opportune moment to defeat a Grim Birdie using its own bullet.

It spin attacked three more of them and Nine grunted as Silver landed back on the tower. Nine pointed its mechanical tails and gathered energy from the Paradox energy beam.

"Need... more... power!" Nine said and the dome fluctuated, with purple rocks appearing in the starry sky.

Inside the tower, the Paradox Prism started shaking. On the ground, grim robots flickered and restored power.

"It's working. They're losing power." Silver said as Alpha Grim Silver's eyes open and he watched on while Nine kept generating prism energy.

The dome started shrinking, with battlefield crystals disappearing through the dome's edge.

"Sure you can handle all that juice, pal?" he asked and Nine turned turned to him, with its mechanical tails glowing white.

It shot at Silver, causing him to fall off the tower and scream as he headed towards the spiky crystals at the bottom of the citadel.

"Let him fall, but catch him before he hits the spire." Nine said to the Grim Birdies. "I need that energy." he said as they swoop down.

As Silver kept falling, his shoes shoes started glowing and he landed on appearing panel tiles to avoid the spikes.

"Huh? I was wondering what these puppies do in this place." he said and put his foot down. "Get ready for some fancy footwork." he said and peeled out along the tiles.

As Grim Birdies attack him, he ducked under to dodge one of them and jumped over the other one. He started spinning along the tiles and Homing Attacks both of them then peeled around towards the tower at the top of the citadel and looked at Nine who grunted.

"I never should have given you those Regulators." Nine said and shot back at Silver, who peeled around the sky in various directions, missing the target. "More power!" he said, generated more power from the Paradox Energy beam, and shot a series of bullets at Silver, hitting the target, but a tile popped up as he put both of his hands out, acting as a shield.

Silver held the shield and tried to hang on when another tile appeared as he stretched his back leg out. As soon as the bullets disappear, he let go, and the shield disappeared and looked at his gloves.