⋆·˚ ༘ * 001. New Recruits ⋆·˚ ༘ *

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*

N E W R E C R U I T S
"by the looks of it, you don't sleep much anyways."

THE SOUND OF RAIN HITS THE FABRIC OF THE UMBRELLA, LETTING THE DELICATE DROPS FALL BESIDE HER

THE SOUND OF RAIN HITS THE FABRIC OF THE UMBRELLA, LETTING THE DELICATE DROPS FALL BESIDE HER. A storm was coming. The rain had only just started when Umiko left the high school. In the background, the thunder rumbled, and lightning illuminated the sky. But, the rain poured softly. A calm before the storm.

There was a slight breeze to the air, making her shiver just a bit. Fortunately, she knew to bring an umbrella today. Even so, if she decided to put energy into it, she wouldn't get wet at all. 

Walking down the uneven footpath, she was almost back home. As if reading her mind, her phone started to buzz vibrantly in her pocket.

Already knowing who it was, she sighed as she grabbed her phone and answered the call.

"When will you be back sister?" A familiar voice asks through the phone.

"Five or so minutes." Her answer was short. She gave him no explanation of what she had been doing.

"Good. I have some new recruits I want you to meet." Her brother, Suguru, informed her.

Umiko frowned. This was news to her..."Ok. When do they arrive?" She asked her brother.

"Soon. So be quick." He said.

"Ok." She then hung up on her brother and continued to walk to her place.

She wasn't expecting her brother to recruit more curses. More surprisingly, he did it on his own free will. She didn't have to convince him to keep the curse.

She pondered over what this could mean. Suguru always had a reason for the things he did. She needed to know why. Though it would be hard knowing, she couldn't exactly ask him why, without causing any suspicion.

Those five minutes flew by quickly, and the next thing Umiko knew, she was walking down the cobblestone driveway that led to her house.

Stepping onto the patio, Umiko opened the front door and entered the house. Chills went down her spine. It was like the house knew she didn't belong here. Old memories flushed into her mind. Good and bad memories. This house, used to be her old home. When everything was perfect, and she had nothing to lose.

"Ah, sister! You're finally here." Her brother's voice echoed through the halls.

Knowing it wasn't good to dwell on the past, Umiko sighed and continued forward to the sound of her brother's voice.

"About time you came back. I was sooooo bored today." Another voice said as she entered living the room.

A small smile formed on her lips. "You should be used to it now Mahito," she said to the curse.