Chapter 29

When we arrived home, we immediately rested. The next morning, NET informed me early that he had an important meeting, and Milk also left as she had to meet a friend at the mall. She invited me, but I declined, saying I was still a bit tired. After they left, I went to the room to take a shower and went back downstairs because I was feeling a bit bored. As I was heading to the kitchen, I suddenly heard talking or I just say almost whispers, so I followed where the voices were coming from. As I approached them, I could hear more clearly what they were talking about.

"When Madam Wai and I went to the room next to your boss room I saw a frame that was attached to the wall.Who could that beautiful woman be in the room?" Milk's helper asked Lily.

"That must be P'wai because she's the only female sibling of our boss," Jennifer, one of our helpers, replied.

"No, it's not Madam Wai. I know Madam because she often visits us in England and bonds with Ma'am Milk. Madam Wai is not the one," Milk's helper responded.

"I think it's Love. She's the ex of boss Net and his first love, supposed to be engaged with him. One day she suddenly left and the boss found out she was in New Zealand and she broke up with him," Lily explained.

"Hey, what are you talking about there?" P'Nanny asked her niece and the helpers because she overheard their conversation.

"They're asking who was the woman in the room that the boss doesn't want to enter is. I told them it's Love, boss's greatest love," Lilly explained, which led her aunt to scold her.

"Don't talk about it again, especially if you see or feel anything in this mansion. Just keep quiet, you might get our boss angry if he finds out. Do you understand?"

"Yes," the helpers all replied in unison.

"Okay, now go back to work," P'Nanny ordered.

I quickly left where I was eavesdropping and pretended that I just got down when they saw me near at the dinning table . I tried to calm down and not to show that I am nervous. They greeted me, and I just smiled as if everything was normal, as if I didn't feel the weight of the things I heard, although in truth, my heart felt shattered.

After eating, I went to my room and kept pacing back and forth inside.

Why didn't he tell me about that Love?That's why he suggests that our call sign is love because of his ex? Maybe while he was calling me that  love to me, that woman was on his mind? Greatest love, wow! Maybe he's hiding something else from me. I kept repeating these thoughts and talking to myself while pacing back and forth as if I was getting paranoid.

I received a call from Nunew asking if we could talk and meet,even despite feeling heavy-hearted, I went to the place or location he mentioned.

Upon arriving at the location Nunew's sent me to, I saw him looking sad. I sighed to myself, wondering if all of us would welcome the new year feeling down. I approached him, greeted him, and asked why he called me. He said he was going to leave Dr. Zee.

"Why? What happened? Why are you leaving him so suddenly?Did you fight? Have you heard his explanation?" I asked.

"Because I found out something about him, James. Do you know why I want to break up with him? It's because he is involved in a mafia group. He's said to be the second highest rank in the group, and they call him 'Dos.' I'm afraid that his enemies' actions might affect me too. James, help me to leave. Can you tell Net to cover for me and hide " he pleaded.

I just smiled slightly and replied, "You're also crazy. You're getting close to the boss you're trying to escape from."

"Why? Boss? Net is Zee's boss?"