Chapter 2

My paw steps hit the earth. Mud flies everywhere. Lizzypaw right at my side. We bound over the ThunderClan border. I slow, letting Lizzypaw pass me. I follow her though the forest. Over logs, though puddles, between trees and bushes. She slows to a quick trot. "See if you can smell any prey," she says. "Ok." I say. and prick my ears. I open my mouth a little to taste the air. "um, what's that?" I ask Lizzypaw. "I have never smelled this before." Lizzypaw sniffs. then horror flirts across her face. "Fox." she whispers. My eyes widen. "We have to warn the camp!" I say. Lizzypaw shakes her head. "Follow me, stay as quite as you can." I follow her though the forest again. this time we are jumpy, 

When we reach the camp. Lizzypaw leads me away from the normal entrance. Toward  the back, where Irisheart would sometimes let me, Skypaw, and Moonpaw climb up to look over the whole camp. and into the forest a bit. I climb out to the edge, and look down. Blood is everywhere. the smell of Fox is everywhere. but, theres a cat sent to. "Sniff closely Lizzypaw." I murmer to her. "Why?" she pauses. "Oh." Then, "Thats ShadowClan and RiverClan! They killed our Clan!" a stiffness comes over me. "Irisheart." Lizzypaw flinches. "Come on, lets see if anyone lived." I follow Lizzypaw to the entrance.

"I am going to check on Spottedstar," I tell Lizzypaw. before bounding away. I climb the small rocky wall up to her den, where I see her lying o  the ground. Her throat to tail. a long line of blood. "Spottedstar." I say. "LIZZYPAW!" I shout. She is up by me so fast. "She died the way that Scocge killed Tigerstar and tried with Firestar." she says. 

Body after body is found. Redheart, Dandylionheart, Swiftshadow, Summerrose, Honeypebble, Thunderbreeze, Lilylake,  Shrimmerheart, Duststorm, Honeywisker, Even Lilypaw, Redpaw, and Sparrowpaw. "Whose there?" asks a rough voice. i spin around from the pile of bodies. "Whistleflame?" Lizzypaw asks. Whistleflame walks out of the med cat den. Lizzypaw darts forward. nuzzleing the med cat happily. "I thought you were dead! are there anymore surviors?" Wistleflame nods. "Yes, You guys can come out. its just our clanmates." 

Gentle paw steps walk out of the den. slowly walking out. clean pelts, with no scratches whatsoever. Hazelflower, Silvermoon, Bellapaw, Flowerpaw, Thornpaw, Brightpaw, and Rosepaw. "How are you guys unscathed?" I whisper at them. Hazelflower walks forward. "We were chosen to be ThunderClan. everyone thought you were dead. Where  were you?" I look at Lizzypaw. "um, " she says. "Follow me, all of you. We need to leave this place, Whistleflame, grab your herbs, Thornpaw, Brightpaw, you help Whistleflame. Silvermoon, Hazelflower? I need to talk to you. Duskpaw, go with Bellapaw, Flowerpaw, and Rosepaw." Bellapaw looks at Lizzypaw.  "Why?" "Hunting. Stay clear of the border. We don't want the other Clans to know we lived." They turn toward the camp entrance. "Wait!" Lizzypaw calls out.  "Who saw-" They all flinch. "We all saw everything." says Bellapaw. "Please, take my word, it was horrible. Bloody. Only a few ShadowClan and RiverClan cats died. Today was horrible. All you could see-" 

Blood. That was all young Bellapaw could see. Blood. Claws. She was chatting with her mentor, when Spottedstar called a Clan meeting. Lilylake and Bellapaw were close. She remembered every dreaded word that Spottedstar had said. "I must tell you something. When I learned of what Irisheart was planning, I was horrified. I know its been a few days since that, but I have thought long and hard. Irisheart gave away valuable info. We are very weak, because RiverClan and ShadowClan know stuff about us. Whenever we get attacked, I want a few cats of my choice to run. Those cats will be, "

"Silvermoon"

"Hazelflower"

"Bellapaw"

"Flowerpaw"

"Thornpaw"

"Brightpaw"

"Rosepaw"

"Thank you for your tim-" A battle screech cut Spottedstar off. A tall cat, with cold eyes looks down at us all. Standing on Spottedstar. He snarls. and rips the lives of Spottedstar. "NO!" I hear someone scream. then I realize that was me. Silvermoon darts up to me. "We must respect Spottedstar, come, run." Whistleflame follows us. we all run into the med cat den. I peek outside. and that was my mistake. Blood was everywhere. I saw my mentor lunge at a cat. Claws out. blood already on her pelt. That cat turned. Fury glirtering in his eyes. "I am Splashstar!" He screams. Anger flows though me. Lilylake slashes her claws across his cheek. "YOU KILLED SPOTTEDSTAR!" Splashstar kills her. Ripping her throat from her body. Pain flows though me. "no." I whisper. Whistleflame pulls me back into the den. come, hide, they won't come here. and no one did. We were safe. Yet so many cats died. my mentor died for  Spottedstar. 

Bellapaws eyes glitter with tears. "Look," says Lizzypaw. " I need to know what happens." Bellapaw shakes her head and dashes out of camp. Me, along with the apprentices following her. We run until we reach a clearing. where bellapaw wipes her tears, and stands from where she lays. "Let's hunt!" she says. We all agree with her. when we return I have two fish, bellapaw caught a squirrel. and in all we had, three fish, 1 squirrel and 2 rabbits.  enough for all of us. When we got back, Lizzypaw and the rest of them were waiting. Brightpaw and Thornpaw had herbs in there mouth. along with Whistleflame. 

"Ready?" Is all Lizzypaw says. Bellapaw nods. "Alright, lets go." Lizzypaw leads us around the trees, though the rivers, over logs, at a much slower pace. when we reach the river we all set down the prey in a small pile, Brightpaw and Thornpaw follow Whistleflame is a small dibbit in the ground, they lay down there herbs and set a rock on them to hold them down and they then bound over. After eating I flop down by the river. Lizzypaw lays next to me. Then a thought strikes me. "Where are Moonpaw and Skypaw?"