intro: how it works

flash awards is an awards show that happens in flash, so fast!

i'm the only host and judge. how will this work?

HOW IT WORKS

first, there's no limit for submissions, so everyone gets a chance to submit one book of their own work. that means competition will be high. every story is welcome to join, however:

a. story must be in english
b. must fall within the categories of romance, YA, NA, teen fiction, and such. these are the genres i like to read.
i don't read fantasy, scifi, or fanfiction.
c. must be your own work.

d. i'm not into LGBTQ+ stories, wherein that's the main couple (side characters are fine).

second, this will work in rounds.

a. the first round will eliminate books based on the first impression. that means you need to make sure you have a nice cover, blurb, and title.
b. second round is based on the first few chapters. i'll read them and decide whether the book can move forward until 10 books are left
c. in the last round, i will read more of your books until i decide on three winners.

how will you know you passed any round? you'll be added to a reading list with the round number, and i'll publish a part with the names of those who passed.

third, why is it working this way?

simply put, this is an interesting way for me to find good reads!

forth, as a participant, what are you getting out of it?

besides the upcoming prizes, if i like your work and you put enough work in it, you might have earned yourself a loyal, active reader!

i will possibly write you a detailed review in my reviews book, especially if i feel i can help you correct obvious mistakes. now why is that a possibility only:

a. i don't always have sth to say about the books i read. sometimes, a very good book is too humbling to criticise.

b. i don't have enough time, so it might me be delayed or cancelled.

c. you don't want me to publish a review of your book.

more details up next!

TAG YOUR FRIENDS NOW 🧡