Night 4 - I Would Kiss You Even If You Were Dead

Can't wait to go to the DMV for the 3rd time.

Tw/cw: graphic descriptions of corpses and again more mental instability and all that. Also unreliable narrator. He's been that this entire time but it's getting worse
—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—
Night 4 and  questionable morals
—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—★—
It's the last night before this is all over. Henry hadn't slept he'd spent all night thinking about William. It was a longing desperation he hadn't felt since the years when they'd been together. It made his stomach churn to think about. He felt sick at the implications that forced into reality just how far-gone Henrys morals really were. Because he considered it. He considered Helping William before he even knew what he wanted help with. He always had and despite years, decades even of experience, he couldn't help himself. It was like second nature to him. Tonight, Henry came in wearing an old dark blue button-up shirt he hadn't worn it years but had kept in case he ever needed to dress up. He paired it with the same jacket he'd been wearing and a pair of jeans. With a thermostat in hand, he walks through the door and makes his way to the office. He was less anxious about the creatures lurking in the dark but still felt the creeping sense of unease that he'd felt since he first stepped through the door all those years ago on opening day. He got to the office without seeing William once. Henry pushed it to the side, assuming Williams' grasp on time wasn't as good as it had once been.

But this was possibly for the best as Henry set the thermostat down on the desk before making quick work of restarting the air and clearing the desk of most everything. Henry tossed it all into the box that sat next to the desk, it was filled with animatronic shells that Henry had hated seeing every night but for now they would work to hide the mess, so he didn't have to actually clean it. When it was cleared, he grabbed an old rusted folding chair from the corner and sat it on the opposite end of the desk to where his chair was. The sound of the chair opening echos through the vent next to the desk and makes Henry cringe. grimacing to himself at how loud it was. The chairs both sat on the same side of the desk, at an angle, so they're facing each other and the desk. Henry let out an annoyed sigh and started walking down the hallway looking for William. His eyes falling on the cylinders he'd left the first night. After a few moments he hears a sound and looks behind. It's William, staring at him in contemplation, almost shamefully trying to hide how anxious he was to hear what Henry had decided. Keeping a cold expression to try and hide how giddy he was to see if he was going to be heard out or ignored.

Henry sighs and looks down at the ground, forcing the smile that forms on his lips away before William can see it. He looks back up and motions for William to follow him. "Come on, we'll talk in the office" he says, and they walk in silence into the office. When they get there Henry sits on the side furthest from the door. It's not smart but it was habit. And right now, that was the closest thing he had to safety. He unscrews the thermostat and pours them each a cup of coffee. Sliding one cup to William tentatively.

William looks down at it and then pushes it away. "I only drink tea." It's a bold-faced lie and they both know it. But Henry doesn't comment on the lie, leaving it to rest. "I'm surprised you can drink." He says before taking a sip of his own cup. Looking up at William as he does. "But your..." Henry trails off, looking the suit up and down before settling on the right word, "...biology doesn't concern me." The silence that fills the room as they start the conversation is thick and unbearable. The whirling of systems behind them does nothing to alleviate the awkwardness that spaces out every sentence said. And it's the only thing forcing Henry forward.

He chooses his words carefully; he wants to be through with this as soon as possible. "What exactly do you want my help with" Henry asks, forcing eye contact between the two ex-partners. An eye contact which William makes ten times more intense by being unable to blink. "I don't want your help. I need your help. And you are not someone I would go to were it not dire." William puts such an emphasis to his words and supposed disdain for Henry that he has to take a deep breath before he does something rash. As much as William does not deserve to be as angry as he is, fighting will only put Henry and Michael's plan at risk. He's worked too hard to lose it all over a man who still thinks he's in the right. With a deep breath and an even deeper sip of coffee Henry rephrases his statement. "What do you need my help with?" Henrys hold on the warm cup grounds him in enough of a sense of reality that he can have this conversation. "I'm dying" William says. There's too little emotion and too much desperation. All of which is only exasperated by William's lack of idly motion. He just sits there, staring at him. Like he has nothing better to do, as if this is the most important thing in the world to him. William leans forward, one of the suits hands gripping the side of the table as he keeps an unyielding eye contact with Henry. "But you know how to fix that. I watched you make life from machine and now I ask you to help me."