JeongMi Chapter Five: Little Drummer Boy

School AU, mentions of internalized homophobia, f slur being used, angst

(i'm not in band nor do i play the drums, apologies for the band players out there. #orchestrakid)

2 Days Until the Last Football Game

The bell had rang for the last period of the day, and that class for Yoo Jeongyeon was marching band. She had the role of drummer, and she was doing the big opening at the game.

"Jeong!!" A soft voice yearned.

Jeongyeon could immediately recognize that voice to be her girlfriend, Myoui Mina.

"Hey baby." Jeongyeon opened her arms for Mina's embrace.

"Do good today at practice, I'm so proud of you for stepping up and doing this." She spoke with a wide grin.
"Ooh! one last thing!" she took the bag that was slung over her shoulder and pulled out a huge water bottle.
"It's really hot out there today. also, lose the hoodie. You'll bake into Jeongyeon pie~" Mina started laughing.

"yeah yeah, go to class now. the bell already rang for fucks sake. don't you want to be able to cheer at the game?" Jeongyeon chastised.

Mina just chuckled again before pressing a chaste kiss on Jeongyeon's lips. A smiled spread across both of their faces.

"Alright you two love birds, break it up.." Jihyo said.

Jeongyeon slapped the shoulder of the aforementioned firmly, earning a wince.

The conductor stood on the podium, microphone in his hand. "We have two days until the performance. i'd like to run through Jeongyeon's opening and measures 167 to 215 at the written tempo."

"Don't mess up, kyungwan." Nayeon walked by and flicked jeongyeon's forehead.

a scoff left the drummer's mouth as she got into playing position.

"one, two, three, four." the conductor mouthed.

Immediately jeongyeon's arms moved like fire, never missing a beat. she followed all the dynamics which led her band mates to cheer her on. And on the finally part she decrescendo to build suspense for the final explosion of notes, the tempo slowed and started to increase and crescendo. ending with the drummer fading away after the explosion.

the conductor signaled rest position and licked his lips before speaking into the wand. "Jeongyeon, you rushed on the last two measures. do it again and count the beats."