I Learn Some Long-Awaited News

"Say your farewells half-blood!" He warned. As soon as he stepped forward, I panicked.

"Does no one see that? Get out of the gym!" No one batted an eye.

I set off the sprinkler system, and water trickled down like rain causing them to finally leave. The lion-dragon-scorpion thing ran at me.

"Please leave me alone, advanced Mufasa!" He stopped dead in his tracks. Huh. With all my courage I jumped on him causing him to squirm and try to shake me off. When the timing was right, he attempted to sting me, but I dodged in the nick of time causing him to impale himself. He screamed then started to flurry away in the form of gold dust.

On the floor, I yelled in triumph.

"Y/n L/n, go to the office!" I hear my very angry principal announce on the intercom, cutting my moment of victory short. I groaned and got up. My hair was drenched as was my dress and my makeup ran down my face.

When I got to the office B/f/n was already there. Thank goodness. I plopped down into the seat with a wet much due to the gym sprinklers and looked ahead.

My principal sighed. "I'm afraid that was our last straw with you Ms. L/n. Did you set off the sprinkler system?"

I gulped "Yes, I did but you should've seen-"

"And did you assault one of our beloved students?"

"No, I didn't touch Mina, I swear. I just told her to do it and she did."

"Witnesses say otherwise, I'm afraid your story isn't very believable with all our evidence."

"I didn't touch her!"

"B/f/n, do you have anything you'd like to add?"

My face lit up. Finally, I'd have a defender. I'm done with this dumb mess. I turned to B/f/n who looked nervous almost. She cleared her throat.

"Yes, I saw, Y/n did push Mina into the punch bowl."

My face dropped. What? She was right there she saw that I was innocent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home mad dad looked at me surprisingly without disappointment, maybe this was normal to him now. He couldn't have been too surprised at the phone call. He brought me into an embrace.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me. I wanted to do anything but that. I wanted a hot shower, to get out of this wet dress and go to sleep.

"You wouldn't understand." I retorted. No one would understand, my life is too complicated. From the creatures I've seen all my life to today, that's pretty obvious. They just excuse it as me being a dumb pretty girl. I knew I was more than that.

"I think it's time to tell you. Go freshen up and meet me back here." My dad told me. My face lit up, finally, after about a decade of wondering I'd know the truth about my mother.

I took a hot shower and changed into a tank top and sweatpants and went back downstairs to hear the news. "So...." He began. "I think we've established your different, Y/n. The reason behind that being..." He took a long pause and a deep breath.

"Your mother, she's not human."

I laughed, I couldn't tell if I was nervous, or the news was funny. That quickly turned to nervousness when my dad gave me a serious look. "Huh?" I replied stupidly.

"Your mother, when I met her, I thought I had never met another woman like her, and that's because she wasn't a woman, she was a goddess."

"Yeah, I'm sure she was great, dad, but you don't seriously expect me to buy this, do you?"

He shook his head at me. "Y/n believe me, I know its crazy but it's the truth. Sometimes the gods have children with mortals, and they're known as half-bloods."

My head snapped at him. "That's what the DJ called me, well the lion-dragon-scorpion thing."

"I've kept you away from monsters as long as I can, Y/n, longer than normal, but now..." He trailed off.

"It's time for you to go to camp."