Hanahaki?

Vox slammed the door shut behind him roughly. He choked, gasping for air as he fumbled for the light switch. Petals came up and spilled from his mouth, a few specks of blood flying up with them. The TV demon continued to choke out the flowers for several minutes before they finally stopped. 

He leaned against the wall, sliding down it to the floor as he gasped for air. He looked down briefly to where the petals lay demurely on the floor. They were an alluring shade of pink and dotted with gold at the tips. All of the plant husks were heart-shaped, a constant reminder of the reason for this ailment.

Everything about them brought more memories of Valentino, making Vox hack up another bundle of petals. He sat against the wall for five more minutes until the world stopped spinning. Then he stood up slowly and scraped all the petals together, throwing them away, and wiped his mouth. 

Vox exited the bathroom with his hands folded behind his back as if nothing had happened. He walked back to his office where none other than Valentino waited for him. 

"Val." The TV demon said tersely, nodding in acknowledgment. 

"Hey Voxxie~ I've been waiting for like, ten minutes...where'd you go?" The moth chirped sweetly.

Vox's heart ached at the seemingly sincere smile on the other overlord's face and it took all his strength not to blush. 

"I just...went to attend to something. What can I do for you?" He asked in a strained voice.

Valentino looked at him in surprise, pink eyes wide. 

"I...Vox are you okay? You sound stressed." Val asked gently.

The kind and caring looking on the moth's face was one reserved only for Vox and Velvette and it was one of the most beautiful things Vox had ever seen.

"I-" Vox started, before feeling a flurry of petals in his throat building up.

 He doubled over and choked out the largest wave of petals so far. However when he looked at them, he was terrified to see several green leaves mixed in. He covered his mouth, hoping to stop, and he did. 

Val stood several feet away with a horrified look on his face. He reached out a hand but stopped, unsure of what to do. 

"Vox...you...is that..?"

Silence. And then...

"Who?" The word was more snarled than spoken and Vox's head flew up. 

Valentino was livid in a way he hadn't seen before. The TV demon backed up slowly in fear that the moth might put two and two together until he felt the door bump his back. He fumbled with the door handle, ripped the paneled wood open and fled to his penthouse.

Behind him, Vox could hear Valentino shouting his name. He ignored the other overlord and shut himself into his apartment, ignoring the fifty phone calls and texts he was getting from both Val and Velvette. He cried, cyan tears streaming down his screen and into his pillow, and continued to heave up masses of petals.

By evening, his throat was raw and many of the metals were blood stained. Vox had hurled so many times that he'd begun to cough thorns in addition to the leaves and petals. He was far into stage two and he knew it. His chest ached, both from the pain in his heart and the flower growing in his lungs, and all he wanted to do was cry.

The TV demon heaved himself from his bed somewhere around midnight and trudged to the balcony. The stars shone brightly despite the vibrant city below. Sinners could be heard screaming and laughing amidst the explosions and gunshots.