One Heck of A Day

Y/N'S POV:

Being friends with Tom wasn't all that bad, he helped me too. I didn't stanmer all the time when I talked to him. He made me feel...safe.

Happy.

Loved.

Loved. I felt my cheeks heat up as I thought of Tom during my dinner. I sighed to myself as I checked the time.

10:30

I started dinner at 9, how did time go so fast? I washed the dishes and went to the bathroom to shower.

As I stepped out of the shower, I looked at myself in the mirror and removed my contact lens.

I saw a girl with 2 different color orbs staring back at me.

Ocean blue, and Emerald green.

I don't know how this happened, but I don't want to know how this happened. When I was in my orphanage, I kept on being made fun of.

All because of my different colored orbs.

Actually not all, just one of the reasons.

I quickly put back my contact lens but removed them when eyes suddenly stung with pain.

My orbs were not blue and green anymore, but bright yellow.

Oh no.

"It happened again..." I murmured to myself and tried to calm down.

The truth is, despite my 'normal' self, there's something...no one knows about me yet...cause I have a secret...

I was diagnosed with Chromopsychosis.

{A/N ~ Thx chat gpt for the help}

It's a rare condition in which only 0.1% of the world has. I am one of those unlucky people.

I wasn't born with it. It just...happened. I never saw anything insane happen, though. My orbs would turn yellow as soon as I felt any emotion.

The emotion I was feeling just then was trauma.

I closed my eyes, did some breathing exercises and my orbs finally turned back to ocean blue and Emerald green.

I washed my face with water and hand wash. My skin was instantly clear. I don't really care about skincare and stuff like that.

I headed back to bed and closed my eyes, letting myself fall asleep.

*

My eyes immediately opened as soon as I heard the loud alarm clock ring from my phone. I mentally groaned as I searched for my phone on the desk and turned it off.

It's been one month since school started, not much as happened except the usual.

I quickly brushed my teeth, as not to be scolded again by Mrs.Faith and wore my contact lenses.

I decided to change up a little today. Instead of hoodies and sweatpants, I wore galaxy shirt and legging, topped with some purple converse.

I always loved galaxy stuff, I'm just quirky, y'know?

I ran downstairs to see the maids, like always, with a full table with breakfast, just for me. But today, they looked tired.

"W-W-What's w-w-w-w-wrong?" I asked them, "Miss...we can't keep on throwing out the food we give you everyday. There are rats eating the food and..." I saw the maid shudder at the thought.