‎ ‎ ‎ARE YOU UP FOR AN ADVENTURE...?

. ׁ ♥ ₊         A child of Aphrodite is nothing more than a doll, a pretty face to look upon — perhaps beautiful enough to start wars, with enough luck. That was what determined their worth. Luck. How much of their mother's beauty they inherited. Shouldn't there be more to them than just their faces? Why couldn't they have the intellect or skills to become leaders? Heroes? Why must they always be preening and rotting at the side, forgotten over time as their beauty dwindles?

. ׁ ♥ ₊         You did not want to be remembered as a beauty — you wanted to be remembered as a hero. There is a storm coming, a titan who brings change to the entire world, who promises to flip the script, and you want in. But are you ready to manipulate the hearts of those you hold dearest to your heart?

— synopsis of Percy Jackson: Quest for Love

SUHANI HAD PLAYED ALMOST every single route of the Percy Jackson otome game. Even though the plot followed Percy Jackson & the Olympians almost entirely, it had just enough drama and spice to appeal to her. Something about wounded characters lead astray by their trauma, making a recovery and finding love on the way pulled at her heartstrings like no other trope could. Nintendo and Rick had taken care of everything — aging the characters up, integrating characters that showed up in Heroes of Olympus. It was a sacred artefact of a game for any hopeless romantic of a fangirl.

SHE'D EVEN UNLOCKED ALL the hidden routes. With that, she had just one final character left to romance before clearing the entire game completely. Tension filled the air, mental health was saved, life was worth living, until — it was college application time. With college essays unwritten, portfolios left to complete, stress consuming everybody's lives, and the occasional supervillain crisis, she had to put down her Nintendo Switch and take on the hurdles that came with being alive. For a few weeks, games were completely off limits.