[03]

"Shut the fuck up, can't you be quiet?" I muttered. You're wondering who I'm talking to-it's the alarm, frustration mounting as the incessant ringing persisted. Unable to tolerate it any longer, I seized the alarm in my hands and, with a forceful motion, hurled it against the wall. As it shattered upon impact, I sat up straight, glaring at the broken pieces scattered on the floor.

Flashback~

"Aaaah.. HUH!"

I jolted upright at the sudden sound, feeling startled. "You scared me, you little... shit," I muttered to the alarm, even though it couldn't hear me. "Why are you ringing so loudly? Can't you be quiet? You always wake me up. Who gave you permission to wake me up? Did I? No, I didn't."

"Or else what?" My mother's voice interrupted from the doorway, her arms folded across her chest.

I looked at her nervously. "Hehehe, nothing," I laughed uneasily.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Mind your language."

I glanced around, avoiding eye contact. "I just..." She cut me off as she unfolded her arms and walked toward my bed. "What were you ju--"

"MUMMAAAA!" I screamed as she covered her ears with her hands. "WHAT?"

"Don't cut me off! You always cut me off and then start lecturing me," I pouted.

"Oh, now madam is saying that I'm giving her lectures," she retorted, twisting my ear. "I don't give lectures; your teachers are enough. It's my responsibility to teach you some manners."

I yelped as she twisted my whole ear. "Mumma its hurting" I said.

"Ooh, really? When you blabber, doesn't your mouth hurt?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Mom, you know what I'm getting late for school. I'll freshen up."I rushed to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me while she shouted at me "This time I'm letting you off, but next time, if you start acting up, I won't tolerate it. Because when I can't tolerate..."

"Yes, Mom! I know when you can't tolerate, your anger will land on me like a bullet train. Now get out of my room and let me bathe!" I cut her off from the bathroom. "Okay, okay. I'm going. Get ready quickly!" she exclaimed before leaving my room. I doing my routine, not bothering that I was running late for school.

After 30 minutes

I hurried downstairs, humming my favorite song and devouring the sandwich. "Mom, this is the best sandwich ever," I mumbled between bites. "I know, baby. Now, you're late," she stated matter-of-factly. I turned my gaze from the plate to her, my eyes widening in realization. I quickly stood up, rushed to put on my shoes, kissed her cheek, and exclaimed, "Bye, Mumma," before darting off to school.

Flashback ended~

With a sad smile, memories flooded my mind. 'I miss you, Mom,' I whispered.

It had been a month since I last saw her, and I was missing her as hell.

"Let's meet Mom today," I thought, deciding to freshen up. I didn't text her as I wanted to surprise her.

I don't live with my parents; they wanted me to be independent. Now, as the CEO of Lia Industries, only my parents and my bestie Jennie know about it. I changed my name to Lia to set up the company; apparently, it's my second name. The company became the 2nd best in Korea. Yes, I even beat my dad's company, and because of this, my dad is now loaded up with lots of work. While the workers in my company know my real name, I've warned them that if they leak it, there's no tomorrow for them. I also have another secret—I'm the mafia queen—but no one knows about it except my bestie; she's a part of it too. My secretary, Olivia, knows my real name, and she is the one who goes to business parties on my behalf. As the CEO, I get too many invitations. I work from home and only go to the company when there are meetings with other companies.