[04]

The anticipation of seeing my mother after a month filled me with excitement. I couldn't wait to see her face light up with joy when she saw me.

As I reached the Hwang Mansion, I stepped out of the car and looked up at the grand estate.

"Beautiful as ever," I mumbled to myself, admiring the elegant architecture and well-maintained gardens

"Beautiful as ever," I mumbled to myself, admiring the elegant architecture and well-maintained gardens. I started walking towards the mansion, my heart racing with anticipation. The guards recognized me immediately and stepped aside, allowing me to enter without question.

Walking further into the mansion, I took in the familiar sights and smells that reminded me of home. The soft aroma of my mother's favorite jasmine incense lingered in the air, and I could hear the faint sound of classical music playing in the background. Everything was just as I remembered.

"MUMMA, WHERE ARE YOU? LOOK, YOUR DAUGHTER HAS COME TO MEET YOU!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the spacious hallways.

I could already imagine my mother's reaction. She was always so vibrant and full of life, with a smile that could light up any room. Her warmth and kindness were unmatched, and she always knew how to make me feel loved and cherished. I knew she would be thrilled to see me, especially since it had been a while since our last meeting. My heart swelled with emotion at the thought of being reunited with her.

Moments later, I heard hurried footsteps approaching, and then she appeared at the top of the grand staircase. Her eyes widened in surprise, and a wide smile spread across her face. She was just as beautiful as ever, with her elegant dress and perfectly styled hair.

"Y/N! My dear, you're here!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with joy.

I rushed towards her, and she descended the staircase quickly, meeting me halfway. We embraced tightly, and I felt a sense of comfort and happiness wash over me.

"I've missed you so much, Mumma," I said, my voice choked with emotion.

"I've missed you too, my baby" she replied, gently stroking my hair. "Come, let's sit and catch up. I want to hear everything about what you've been up to."

As we walked towards the cozy sitting room, I felt a sense of peace and contentment. Being with my mother was exactly what I needed, and I was grateful for this moment of reunion.

"How have you been?" she asked, her eyes scanning me with concern. "Look how thin you've become! Have you even been eating? Didn't the maids at the house make meals for you? I must fire them and hire new ones—they're so irresponsible. I bet you didn't have breakfast either. Wait, let me bring some food. Eat it, and then we'll talk," she gushed.

I stood there, staring after her. She hadn't even given me a chance to respond, cutting me off mid-sentence. Before I could protest, she was already up and heading towards the kitchen, her steps brisk and purposeful. I watched her, feeling a deep sense of gratitude and love. She always knew how to take care of me, no matter what. It wasn't the first time she had done this; she always fretted and fussed over me whenever we met.