-Dreams-

I suddenly heard voices around me. I stirred my eyes and there i saw them.. Mom and Dad. My mom was kneeled beside me holding my hand smiling at me while dad was next to her looking down at me.

I looked around realizing i was at my childhood bedroom. Everything was like before.. Mom and dad looked happy and healthy..

"Were so proud of you Joost.." Mom smiled a tear rolling down her cheek. Dad had an hand on mom's shoulder as he stood beside her.

"Your mom is right Joost, your our star! We believe in you and your dreams" Dad sighed having an soft smile on his face too.

I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks as i looked at them. Knowing that this wasn't real. I sat up and wiped my tears away.

"M-Mom" I cried hugging her tightly.

"Oh sweetie.. Don't cry were here now" Mom soothed me down while slowly rubbing my back.

Dad sat on the bed next to me and sighed looking at me. He then placed his hand on top of my leg.

"Remember your promise Joost?" Dad said looking at me as mom stopped hugging me. I nodded quickly looking at dad.

"I-I promised to get into Eurovision for y-you guys.." I smiled remembering when i told my parents proudly that i would make them proud by going into Eurovision since it also was my own dream.

"That's right Joost.. And we know that soon it's your time to shine.." Mom smiled and slowly got up backing away a little.

Dad got up too and went to stand next to mom. I quickly panicked as i saw them fading away slowly.

"Mom? Dad! What is happening" I said getting up fast and trying to get to them but something stopped me.

"We will watch over you Joost from up there.." Dad smiled.

"Yes and we will make the sky beautiful just for you.. every day Joost..." Mom sighed taking dad's hand into her's and fading away completely as ash.

Finally i was able to move again. I cried loudly holding my head in my hands as i shouted and cried out loudly. I was alone in my childhood bedroom all kinds of memories flashing in my mind from the time everything was okay. The laughter and giggling when we watched the DWWD's together. Everything flashed right in front of my eyes.

Now remembering it all was gone..

Seeing it in my eyes when i was at the cremation of my dad.. Standing there..

And there i was now at my mom's cremation of my mom.. Remembering the crying faces.. I found that pretty normal and she was such a sweet woman..
There was a lot i wanted to say
I'm sorry, so sorry
But my heart is now cold...

Everything is gone now i was alone.. Again... standing there in middle of my childhood room. In the darkness. Only thing i heard was my breath and quiet sobs.

----------
I gasped sitting up in my bed. Looking around i noticed that i was at home again in my own home. Y/n was asleep next to me as i sat there. I could feel the sweat on my forehead and everywhere. I looked around and got up quietly walking to one of my drawers finding pictures of me and my parents.. I sighed looking at the pictures.

Tear fell down my cheek as i remember the dream i had. I looked at Y/n happy that she was back again and there to comfort me.. She has been a big thing apart of my life ever since i was young. Remembering that Eurovision is soon i decided to make it my mission to go there and show my parents that i will do anything to show them how much i cared and decided to fulfill my promise...

My life feels like an episode of Black Mirror and don't know if i like it..

—————

Oh well..

Maybe one day Joost will be able to let go of all the trauma that has fueled his art since the very beginning...

Who will he be without it? That chapter hasn't been written yet.
----------

This was an different chapter now! Also credits for @_ikbenlieveroffline_  for giving me this idea to write a chapter a little dedicated to Florida 2009! I tried my best 🤷🏻‍♀️!