16

iamareum story

Areum was walking briskly through the office, her mind occupied with a dozen different things at once

Kitae was nagging her about some papers and she wanted to give him as soon as possible.

She had been avoiding Scoups messages for days, telling herself that she was too busy to deal with her feelings.

As she entered the conference room for her next meeting, she was surprised to see Scoups  sitting at the table, looking at her with a determined expression.

"Seungcheol? What are you doing here?" she asked, her heart skipping a beat.

"I paid for a meeting with you," he said simply, standing up to greet her. "Since you've been ignoring my calls and messages, I figured this was the only way to get your attention."

Areum felt guilt all over her . "You can't just pay for a meeting to talk about personal matters," she said, trying to maintain her professional demeanor.

"I can. I just did it. So now sit and let's talk" he said his voice calm but firm.

Areum stood there looking at him, silently waiting for his own realization.

"Please sit" he correct himself

She sighed, taking a seat across from him. "Alright, you have my attention. What is it?"

Scoups  took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "I tried to talk to you but you keep pushing me away. I don't understand why."

"It's not simple"

"What?"

"Why do you care?!" She yelled

"Because I like you! You're so infuriating...." He stood up running his hands through his hair

"I'm infuriating? You were the one who show up here"

"You didn't answer me!"

"You didn't asked a question" she said even louder

"Do you like me?"

Silence was now prominent in the room until someone knocked.

"Do you need me to call security?" A colleague of hers asked

"No..." Areum sighed " everything is ok"

"I'm sorry." Scoups said sitting down "see? You make me crazy"

She felt a pang of guilt. "It's not that simple, Seungcheol. We have a professional bond and... this dynamic it's crazy"

"That's not the answer."

"I like you ok?" She whispered "but we're always fighting"

"That's because we weren't on the same page" he said, leaning forward. "But we can't keep pretending that there's nothing between us."