taking risks

Hanjin stood at the edge of the park, his eyes fixed on the playground where children laughed and played without a care in the world

Hanjin stood at the edge of the park, his eyes fixed on the playground where children laughed and played without a care in the world. He felt a pang of envy for their simplicity, for the ease with which they embraced the moment. In contrast, his mind was a tangled mess of fear and longing.

"Hey, you okay?" a voice broke through his thoughts.

Hanjin turned to see his best friend, Mei, approaching with a concerned look on her face. She had always been able to read him like a book.

"Yeah, just... thinking," Hanjin replied, forcing a smile.

Mei sat down beside him on the bench, her expression softening. "About her?"

Hanjin nodded, unable to hide the truth from Mei. "It's just... every time I think about telling Yuna how I feel, I freeze up. What if she doesn't feel the same way? What if I ruin everything?"

Mei sighed, leaning back and looking up at the sky. "That's the risk, isn't it? Love is always a gamble. But if you don't take the chance, you'll never know what could have been."

Hanjin ran a hand through his hair, frustration evident in his eyes. "I know that. But the thought of losing her as a friend, of making things awkward... it's terrifying. The possibility of losing it all is clearer than crystal."

Mei turned to him, her eyes serious. "And what about the possibility of gaining something beautiful? What if she feels the same way and you both miss out on something amazing because you're too scared to take the risk?"

Hanjin sighed, his shoulders slumping. "I just don't know if I can do it, Mei. The fear of losing her is paralyzing."

Mei placed a hand on his arm, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Hanjin, you're one of the bravest people I know. You've faced challenges head-on before. Besides, Yuna deserves to know how you feel. She might be feeling the same way, scared and uncertain."

Hanjin looked at Mei, searching for strength in her eyes. "You really think she might feel the same?"

Mei smiled warmly. "There's only one way to find out."

Hanjin took a deep breath, feeling a mix of fear and determination swirling within him. "You're right. I have to tell her. Even if it means risking everything."

Mei nodded, pride shining in her eyes. "That's the spirit. And no matter what happens, I'll be here for you."

Later that evening, Hanjin found himself standing in front of Yuna's house, his heart pounding in his chest. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door, each second feeling like an eternity.

Yuna opened the door, her face lighting up with a smile. "Hanjin! What a surprise. Come in."

Hanjin stepped inside, his mind racing. "Actually, Yuna, there's something I need to talk to you about. Can we sit down?"

Yuna's smile faded slightly, replaced with a look of concern. "Of course. Is everything okay?"

They sat on the couch, and Hanjin felt the weight of the moment pressing down on him. "Yuna, we've known each other for a long time, and you've become really important to me. Lately, I've been feeling something more than just friendship."

Yuna's eyes widened slightly, but she remained silent, allowing him to continue.

"I've been scared to tell you because I didn't want to risk losing our friendship. But I can't keep these feelings inside anymore. Yuna, I think I'm in love with you."

There was a moment of silence, and Hanjin felt his heart drop. But then Yuna's eyes softened, and she reached out to take his hand.

"Hanjin, I... I've been feeling the same way. I was just as scared to tell you."

Relief and joy flooded Hanjin's heart, and he couldn't help but laugh, a mixture of nervousness and happiness. "Really? You mean it?"

Yuna nodded, a smile spreading across her face. "Yes, really. I was afraid of losing what we have, but I'm glad you took the risk."

Hanjin squeezed her hand, feeling the weight of his fears lift. "Me too. I'm so glad I did."

As they sat together, hands intertwined, Hanjin realized that sometimes, taking the risk was worth it. The fear of losing everything had been overwhelming, but the possibility of gaining something beautiful had made it all worthwhile.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞
afraid of confessing to someone, esp to your friend? this might be your sign !! ( ˶ˆᗜˆ˵ )