crime in the woods

It's been a week since the crimes started to rise in the small town of Iksan, and Dohoon and Youngjae have been trying to uncover what is really happening

It's been a week since the crimes started to rise in the small town of Iksan, and Dohoon and Youngjae have been trying to uncover what is really happening. After one of their closest friends, Shinyu, died under suspicious circumstances, they became deeply involved in the mystery. The root of the crimes is not easy to find, and the evidence they have is insufficient to identify the mastermind.

"Where are you going?" Dohoon exclaimed when Youngjae suddenly rushed outside. The wind in the countryside this month is wild.

"Stop right there!" The sun is already setting and will be gone soon. The wind is getting colder and colder, and the clock is ticking.

Both of them stopped in their tracks when they heard a shout from the woods. They looked at each other and, without a word, nodded. They ran towards the woods upon hearing a second shout, which this time was a continuous scream.

"Shit, we're both dead. We don't have anything to protect us," Dohoon whispered as he followed Youngjae through the big trees.

Birds chirping and flying around made them shriek. Though it was normal to hear birds chirping, it felt creepy, especially as it was getting dark, making the situation even more unsettling.

"Good Lord, I still have dreams," Dohoon whispered when Youngjae disappeared from his sight. The sound of dry leaves under every step he took lingered in his ears.

Using both hands, he brushed away the leaves trying to touch his face.

He stopped midway when he heard a cracking sound to his left. In his panic, he accidentally stepped on a big stone, causing him to fall to the ground. The sound of footsteps grew louder and louder, indicating that someone or something was approaching.

"God save me, what the—"

"Dohoon, are you okay?! I've been looking for you! Why did you part ways from me?" Dohoon breathed heavily, trying to brush away his fears as he saw Youngjae rushing towards him.

"So, it was just you..." was all he could say after the terrifying scene.

"Yeah, let's go. It's getting dark. I couldn't find the source of the voice, and it seems to have stopped. Let's go before the killer attacks us!" Youngjae's words prompted Dohoon, still on the ground, to quickly get up, adjust his sky-blue t-shirt and tried to appear confident despite the obvious shaking of his knees.

"L-Let's go." Youngjae smirked at the sight.

Dohoon was the first to move, but Youngjae stayed in place.

"Choi Youngjae?" Dohoon looked back at the terrified look of Youngjae.

"That's not the path we're supposed to take. This place is unfamiliar to me." Youngjae looked above Dohoon and widened his eyes when he heard a crack of a wood.

"Dohoon!" Dohoon panicked and moved aside when a large trunk fell in his direction. He landed safely on the side, but his trembling knees prevented him from getting up.