00.

❝ PARADOX ❞/ noun

PARADOX
/ noun. a seemingly absurd or contradictory statement or proposition which when investigated may prove to be well founded or true. /

❝ In some other timeline, maybe we'd meet through better circumstances

In some other timeline, maybe we'd meet through better circumstances. An online thing, perhaps? Maybe I'd still be obsessed with llamas, and you'd still not know who Dr. Doofenshmirtz is. Maybe we'd even fall in love again. I really hope we do. ❞

...

When the Kraang arrived, and the world burst into flames and life came crashing down, you found yourself thinking about a lot of things.

You think about cosmic horror, and science fiction, and how the old man that wrote 'War of the Worlds' would probably be rolling in his grave right about now. You think about the ancient philosopher Seneca, and the shortness of life. You think about that one meme about the end of the world, and you think about how ridiculous it was that you thought of a meme when staring into the face of death. You think how ridiculous it was in general, to meet death when you still knew so little of life.

Above all, you think about how the end of the Earth as you knew it was still better than staying in your hellhole of a college. When you look at it a certain way, spacing out in class and spacing out in the middle of human extermination wasn't all that different, just minus the particularly fickle lecturers being all in your face.

You always did tend to have these phases of.. dissociation, especially in tense situations. That being said, you never expected to survive very long in the case of an apocalypse. Yet here you stand, 2 weeks since the day of the invasion and still kicking. Somehow. Admittedly, you really did black out for the most part and hardly remember a thing. Turns out multitasking is a useful skill after all; take that, education system.

Right now you were huddled in a makeshift fort you had assembled from lecture hall tables and a banner you ripped off the wall. It served well to shelter you while you recovered your strength, though you would probably end up needing to abandon it sooner or later.

Not unlike your classmates, who had abandoned you the day the invasion began.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't really their fault. They had evacuated the lecture hall right when you were unfortunately stuck in a bathroom stall. While they were most likely fighting for their literal lives, you were fighting for your life against diarrhea.