Chapter 20: I Love You

BIRDS OF A FEATHER - Billie Eilish

★・・・・・・★

JULIANNA'S POV
My team and I all huddle around the computer in the office, Gianna and Clara here too. It's currently 11:58PM, June 5th.

"Two minutes," Charles' voice sounds through the video call.

"God, I'm so nervous," I wipe my palms against my jeans.

"I'm excited," Gianna says, sipping her drink. "It'll be good not having to open a file every time I want to listen to Playpen,"

We all laugh.

11:59.

"I'm refreshing the Spotify page like crazy," Charles says. "Wish I was there for real!"

"You're literally at your full-time job, Charles," I roll my eyes playfully.

"I should've gotten Ollie to replace me," he jokes.

"It's almost time," my manager says, patting my shoulder.

With one refresh, my new album pops up onto my artist profile on Spotify.

The sounds of clapping and cheers fill the room, and we all start hugging each other.

"Let's go!" Charles exclaims, "Oh, Carlos is here!"

"Carlos!" I call out. "My album just dropped!"

The man leans over to the camera. He flips his phone and shows his screen as he goes to my profile and adds the album. "Added,"

I smile. "Thank you, Carlos,"

"No way in the world I wouldn't support you, Julie," he nods. "See you soon hopefully!"

"See you too!" And he walks off screen.

"Congratulations, mon amour," Charles says, and kisses the screen. "Happy album release,"

I kiss it back. "Thank you, my little fan boy,"

"Speaking of fan boy," Charles says. "You should really give Pierre a signed copy. He keeps talking about how you lied to him about that,"

I burst into laughter. "I'll pass one to Kika! We're all getting a celebratory brunch tomorrow before press,"

"You've invited Kika to press?" I hear a voice that isn't Charles.

"Hi, Pierre," I say. "Yes, I have,"

"What about me?" He whines.

"You're in Montreal!" I counter. "One day, I promise,"

"Liar," he huffs and walks away.

"I really didn't know Pierre was that big of a fan," I say.

"Huge fan," Charles corrects. "Been one since 2020,"

"Wow," I say. "I really do need to give him that album— oh! Wait," I suddenly remember. "You guys don't have a race week right? I'll be having a small performance for this concert on Friday, you all should come,"

"We don't," Charles confirms. "I'll let the rest know. It'll probably be me, Carlos, Alex, Max, Lando and Pierre as usual,"

"That's all I need," I giggle. "Tell me tomorrow, alright? I'm so tired, I need to make my way home soon,"

"Alright princess," he says. "Tell the others I say bye, and get home safely, angel,"

"Charles says bye!" I yell to everyone.