23

The moment I stepped inside the house. My mother had been standing in the kitchen area cooking food.

" mummy " i said quietly and began to head into the halls seeing my bags on the floor .

Wah.....

I stepped back into the open and she was now sitting down on her phone .

" tek yuh things an gwan back weh uh did a come from " she says and i felt my stomach turn.

" weh yuh mean?" I asked her as if mi neva hear di lady seh fi come outta har place.

" exactly what i said latanya, mi nah guh tolerate yuh likkle sketel behavior anymore " she says sitting directly infront of me .

Suh weh dat mean.

She looks up at me with a shocked face " yuh nuh start grab up di bag dem yet?" She asked .

" why mi fi leave? After everything?? Mi sure if Michael did still alive yuh wouldn't tell him fi come out " i told her ignorantly.

Inside of me turned as i called his pathetic name. My mother would literally beg god fi bring back a man weh nearly feel mi up.

Tragic.

" aye gyal, nuh fucking draw mi out yer . Grab dem bag deh an get the fuck out " she says ignorantly .

I stood there with tears pouring down my face . Hoping someone would come to my rescue but nothing.

Why......why mi neva know mi fada or someone close to him.

" nuh wonda u an chrissy did a fren, uno fuck like dawg inna diss place tuh rassclaat" she laughs .

I felt defeated. Like mi juss wah drop a grung an tear out mi heart fling ee weh, no child would even enjoy their mother doing this to them.

The she did the unthinkable.

Marching pass me , she went straight for the bags and pull them to the front grill. I held unto the bags with tears, begging and begging her not to.

Mi shud a neva guh ova chris to begin with.
Because all this was because mi wah live before mi time .

" aye bitch! Leggo diss eno" she says throwing me to the side .

I opened my eyes seeing her friends in the yard helping her throw my stuff outside at the gate .

Neva like dem from day one .

Mi feel so embarrassed plus mi know di community deh right a mi gate deh now.

I had hit my side real hard . So i barely had enough strength to get up, by doing so i sent a quick text to chris and hid inside the bathroom.

from the inside , i could hear my mother gathering the rest of my stuff dragging them outside .

Mi feel so fucked up aswr.

I knew Chrissy was going to mock me for the rest of the year . Mi know dem ago live pon mi name seh mi homeless.

He was calling so i turned down the phone and placed it at my ears .

" yo weh yuh deh?" He asked

" i-inside " i sniffled trying to calm down and breathe.

" wah happen? Kish tell mi seh people deh a yuh yaad" he says and i cried harder .

The banging on the door startled me and i covered my mouth crouching in the corner of the bathroom near the sink.

" c-come get me , mummy throw mi out chris " i cried stammering.

The call ended and i began to pray.

2 hours later . ( author pov)

Latty laid still on the floor. Waiting for a text from chris, telling her he was outside and waiting.she knew her mother was still at the door banging every now and then .

But she wouldn't dare to open it and look. A notification pops up from chris telling her he was down the road and she should come out to him.

She then told him half of the situation and that her mother was previously outside throwing her stuff out suh shi scared .

" alright mi ago drive an come fi dem " he says in the voicenote .

Latty gathered the courage and got up off the floor brushing off her skirt and held unto her phone tightly as she left the bathroom.

Her mother was outside talking with some people as she walked pass . Head down not even glancing at anyone who would laugh in her face .

The red bmw had pulled up to the gate as she heard the crowd got quiet. She awaits for chris to step out but saw kish who came to her .

He motions for her to grab her stuff and put them in the car and guh sit down. She did as told then went to the front seat , Chrissy glared at kish but he shrugs .

" suh a u deh fuck out mi daughter? Yuh shudda shame kishawn " she says and he rolled his eyes .

" bredda a true yah mi people dem fren mek mi nuh diss yuh yer , see man an nuh pass yuh place " he says grabbing the last few things then got into the car driving to the upstairs .

They came to a big upstairs painted in blue , a small smile forming on latty's face when chris stepped out the yard with a bottle of Hennessy.

Kish slows down and got out the car telling latty goodbye . He daps up chris who hands him the bottle and fold some money into his palm
Walking to the car .

He got in and drove away in silence.