Chapter 11☆

Sorry for the grammar errors I didn't reread.

Beyonce Pov                                                                

A few days later....

I dragged myself out of bed with a heavy sigh, mentally preparing for another demanding day at work. It had been a few days since that night at Onika's. I haven't spoken to her since,  I wasn't sure if I was ready to dive back into another relationship. While I did feel a deep connection with Onika, doubts lingered about whether I could truly commit and love her the way she deserved.

I looked down at my daughter who clung to me in her sleep as if I would disappear at any given moment. I placed a tender kiss on her forehead, which caused her to wake up.

"Good morning, my love" I spoke with a tired smile

"Morwin' mommy" Ava whispered trying to go back to sleep

"We had to get ready lovebug" I said now getting her fully up

"Me go 'ee Nika" she said, she has been wanting to see Onika ever since we left

"Maybe another day, but today your going with Auntie Solo" I said with excitement in my voice

Once we were dressed and ready, we headed to the kitchen where breakfast was waiting. Solange had come over early to help out, knowing I had a busy day ahead. She greeted us with a bright smile, already dressed and prepared to take Ava for the day.

"Good morning, sleepyheads!" Solange said  as she set a plate of pancakes on the table.

"Morwin' " Ava said, her sleepiness forgotten in the presence of her favorite aunt.

"Morning, Sol," I said, feeling a bit more at ease seeing my sister's supportive face.

As Ava dug into her pancakes, Solange pulled me aside. "How are you holding up, Bey?"

I shrugged, glancing over at Ava. "I'm managing. Just trying to take it one day at a time."

Solange gave me a knowing look. "You've got to stop being so hard on yourself" She said

I sighed. "Yeah. I just...I feel like if I'm hard on myself nobody can point out what I'm doing wrong. And with everything going on with Ava, I need to focus on keeping her safe."

Solange nodded. "I get it. But you also deserve to be happy, Bey. Don't let fear hold you back."

Her words lingered in my mind as we finished breakfast. After saying goodbye to Ava and Solange, I headed to work. The walk was long and tiring and I dreaded even walking in. Being a waitress wasn't glamorous but it paid the bills (I forgot I made her a waitress this story 😭😭)

The dinner was already busy with the morning rush. I tied my apron around my waist and put on a fake smile, ready to take orders and serve coffee. The familiar clatter of dishes and the hum of conversation filled the air.

"Beyonce, table three needs a refill," My manager said, already putting me to work.

"Got it," I replied, grabbing the coffee pot and heading over. As I poured the coffee for the elderly couple at table three, They cracked jokes with me making conversation I guess.

"Thank you,dear," the woman said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You're welcome," I replied, giving her a genuine smile.

The rest of the morning passed in a blur of orders and small talk. During my break, I checked my phone and saw a message from Onika. My heart raced as I opened it.