Prologue

In a cell with one small window that permits the moon's light to enter, a girl in her disheveled state, sat on the cold, dirty floor. She was the proud Grand Duchess of the De Vaugnn Grand Duchy in Aventrache Empire, Veronica Ellyiane De Vaugnn.

The cell's door opened and a beautiful lady entered wearing a gracious gown. The lady has a blonde, long hair and a delicate face, almost looking like an angel that come down to land. She has a smile on her face as she walks in front of the fallen grand duchess.

"Look at how pitiful you have become, my dear sister."

Veronica raised her head and stared at the lady. Her eyes held no emotion, no trace of despair nor desperation. She has a delicate face and her crimson eyes pierced the lady so deep.

"You're still all so proud even after you have fallen, Veronica." the piercing stare made the lady trembled in anger. With all those things she has done, she still cannot shake that expression on Veronica's face, which infuriates her.

"Why are you doing this?" that left Veronica's lips. She's been meaning to ask her adopted sister ever since. She cannot understand her motive to do all of this to her. They gave her their affections and all she needs and wants, yet she turned her back and chose a path that contradicts her gracious appearance.

"Veronica, do you not understand the cycle of the world? If one wants to gain power, they need to eliminate those who has power and monopolized the authority they gained. If one wants to survive, they have to eliminate those who stands in their way of survival. That's simple."

Veronica did not answer. No one can read through her.

"We have been planning of eliminating the proud and tall Grand Duchy of the De Vaugnn in order for the La Fralle Duchy to rise from your shadows. Yes, Veronica. I am the eldest daughter of the Duke and Duchess of La Fralle, Allishia Charmelle La Fralle."

The lady turned her back from the sight of the falled grand duchess as she spoke.

"The humiliation our family receives whenever your name was spoken from the people's mouth, comparing our names and yours. Such disgusting words."

"Is it also your plan to harm my father?" Veronica asked once again.

A laugh escaped the lady's lips as she heard that question.

"Yes! Of course, yes, Veronica. Do you have to ask that stupid question? Haha! That fool of a father of yours, believing all lies I told him and choosing to detest his own daughter, such stupidity made all our plans easier."

Veronica clenched her jaw as her expression darkened and her crimson eyes glowed.

"Oh, another thing, my dearest Veronica. Your little brother has been dealt with together with your father. Ikaw nalang talaga ang natirang tila pusa at hindi mamatay-matay."

Veronica was shocked to hear those words. Little brother? But, she's the sole daughter and heir of the De Vaugnn.

"Oh, my dearest Veronica do not know who her brother was, just like your foolish father. How heartless, your brother's soul must be heartbroken if he found out that neither his father nor his sister knows his existence."

Veronica cannot utter any more words at all. She has a brother? How come they do not know and yet Allishia knew?

"You are confused, probably. I actually met your brother in front of your Grand Duchy, saying he comes to find his father. His father's name was Victorino. That made me suspicious and investigate as he resembles your father so much. Do you wanna hear more?"