A ballad - The mean-hearted witch

There was this golden-hearted knight, he said, he was in love with me,

I was a mean-hearted witch, I said, Indeed, but it's momentary, it's silly.

What I really thought at that time was how stupid he was to dedicate his being to me,

but then he spoke up again and said, No I love you truly,

"Ahh, Humour me, What is it that you love of me?"

He gave me a huge smile, He said he loved my frozen eyes,

He didn't stop there and added, he loved how I talked, how I walked, how I slayed, how I betrayed.

I thought, "This man must be mental or a complete fool"

I said instead, "Off, you go knight, your likes are completely skew, there's no use of you."

"Well, what is wrong with what I like?"

I raised my eyebrows, "Plenty, you like how I slay, how I betray? Does that work on girls these days?"

His eyes sparkled with mischief and this is what he said to me,

"No, but that is what I like of you. I love the girl frozen in your empty eyes, I love the haughty way you talk, god it makes me go crazy thinking about it at nights, I love the way you walk, it feels as if you bared your soul for only my sights. I love the vicious you who doesn't take anyone's shit, you slay your demons and stand up for what's right isn't it? But there's this broken girl who stays hidden inside, and only when people get close, does she whisper her sweet lies. So you betray, so that hidden she stays. But I love you and her no matter what anyone says."

I stuttered for the first time in my life,

Because really, To this heartfelt confession, how does a person reply?

And I was only a mean-hearted witch while he was a golden-hearted knight.