THE SHREDDER || CHAPTER 10

The ringing sensation continued in my ears and a thick cloud of dust covered the lair. I stood up and looked around. I waited for the dust to settle a bit. I wondered where everyone was. I then stumbled out from behind the couch. I coughed to get rid of the dust that collected into my lungs. April tried to grab my hand, but I was just out of her reach.

I tripped over some of the rubble on the floor and bumped into a huge shell. Raph. He turned and looked back at me. His eyes grew wide — those hazel-emerald eyes. "Alley-cat, go hide! Now!" he stated urgently. He looked concerned.

Shouts erupted as multiple Foot Soldiers swarmed into the turtles' home. I gritted my teeth and picked up a broken piece of pipe. I clutched it tightly. "Not going to happen," I said then I stepped forth and knocked one of the Foot soldiers across the head and then aimed again for the next one.

Leonardo then stepped out of the weapon's wall room. He looked completely ruffled with the dust that covered himself and his armor. He looked around frantically until his sapphire eyes locked onto mine and he looked relieved. "Mikey, get the girls out of here!" He shouted into the air and hoped Mikey would hear him.

Mikey was frozen in his spot; he looked around with wide eyes frantically. "Where are they?" He was still looking around him. He was unsure where to go in the rubble and dust.

"Alley-cat's here!" Raph grabbed me, lifted me into his arms and he took me safely towards Mikey. April was already next to Mikey. 'When did she leave the safety of the couch?' I wondered.

Raph kneeled in front of me. Being serious with me. "Stay safe and don't come out till it's safe," he commanded and he looked deeply into my eyes. I just nodded. I acknowledged the seriousness of the situation. I grabbed his wrist when he turned away from me. He looked again into my hazel eyes. "Be safe, please." He was shocked by my actions. He nodded after a moment. He gave me a last glance before he went into the belly of the beast of chaos.

Everything played like a movie in front of my eyes. The sounds of footsteps and shouts echoed through the lair. Not sure where to go, I stood in front of April, still with the broken pipe in my hands. Ready to defend us if I needed to. I might have zero ninjutsu skills, but I could at least knock a couple of Foot soldiers over the head.

A swarm of Foot Soldiers appeared in front of me. I took a deep breath. I braced myself. But Mikey jumped out in front of me. He looked over his shell with a smirk on his face. As if to say, 'I got this, dudette.'

"What's up, bra?" Mikey asked them and he spun his nunchucks to deflect any blows coming our way. "Oh, you think you can handle this, huh?" He deflected more of the blows and onslaught of soldiers. "I'm a snapping turtle fool!" He jumped over the couch and spun in midair, yelling, "Snap, snap, snap!" He kicked and then he landed non-gracefully on the ground on his back. He got up immediately and said, "I meant to do that." I would have laughed at that moment. But, fuck, we are in a hornet's nest.

I glanced over and saw Master Splinter lowered himself into a fighting stance. Each of his movements was precise and perfect. Calculated. "Shredder," he hissed with a flick of his beard.

Shredder then appeared in the gaping hole in the wall. With a loud metallic thud, he jumped in front of Master Splinter. I gasped. This man put the "Iron Man" to shame with how he looked. The metal shimmered in the hints of broken sunlight beaming through on his armor.

"After all these years, I've been trying to recreate the mutagen. And you? You just handed it to me," Shredder growled at Master Splinter. Shredder sounded rather pleased with himself and tried to intimidate Master Splinter by being so much taller than the rat master.