Chapter 2: Rusty stairs

My brain is flooded with thoughts and emotions, it's kinda hard to care that much when I've had to fight two stupid monsters in one day before I could even get to first period. I sat in history class when Emery tapped my shoulder from the seat behind me. At some point in class I had fallen asleep and the bell had gone off. He grabbed me when I tried to walk out into the hallway.

I swear if this man turns into a monster, I'm jumping.

"You're coming with me." is all he says before we're out of the main hallway and on the steps to the outside area.

"Oh for fucks sake, whats going on now?" I groan as he shuts the door behind him. I don't think we're allowed to do that.

"I saw you in a dream" he whisper yells

"Creepy. Can I go now?" i turn to the door just for him to block it

"No no no, you don't understand. I know you're not oblivious, I've seen your books." he says gesturing to my tote bag with the Trials of Apollo halfway read.

"God- gods, are you pranking me right now? I swear is you start spewing that you're a satyr coming to take me to camp half blood, im laughing and leaving you here"

"Mikayla, you don't understand. I'm not joking. He says before leaning down, moving some of his curly blonde hair to show stubs of what seem to be developing horns.

"Oh. hm. Ok, so what?"

"What do you mean "what", you're coming with me. It isn't safe for you here, Italy isn't safe for you."

"Nice one. I can't just leave. I have Asian parents bro, I can't just leave in the middle of the school year. I might be an amature on this, but I doubt that the mist can create an entire working person."

"Thankfully, Chiron thought of that already. Remember that little program you got into? Surprise!" He sighed out with jazz hands

"Damn it. Just when I thought I was actually smart too."

"Noted, probably not an Athena child"

"Thanks" i mumbled under my breath and he turned back to me

"I sent out a new letter, saying we would picking you up and taking you back to the states for the program, free of charge" He noted with a nod towards the door

"Yall really thought of everything"

"When youre the child of a god, that's bound to happen" he said as the bell rang, signaling i should be in 1st period. Instead I was following my former classmate down the rusty outside stairs and led to a car that looked like it should be taking a family of 6 to the pool.

"Can you even drive?" I ask before I remember all my belongings are in my locker. Not like I need a math textbook to fight monsters I suppose.

"Yes, Mikayla."

"Ok ok, no need to get hostile. It was just a question" I smirk

"And you're sure you have no idea who your godly parent is?"

"I've got both parents, one's gotta be lying tho, you know?"

"God this is going to be difficult. I have some more people to pick up, stay put. Don't act too suspicious."

"Does yelling "Help, help! A scary man is kidnapping me!" count as suspicious?"

"Yes, that counts."

"Can't do anything fun nowadays." I sigh as he shuts the door that we were talking though.

He leaves me in silence, so I grab out my book and continue reading until he emerges from the same staircase with two other kids.